+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hey guys

Just a question. I got my ITA on June 28th. I sent my FBI PCC forms on July 7th and it was delivered on July 11 to FBI.

My deadline for application is September 27th

I have the following questions:

1. How long does the FBI normally take to process this and send it across to me?

If for example, they havent sent my documents across, and I have to decline the invitation, then:

2. Do I have to get my medical exams redone? (Scheduled for 1st of September, 2017)
3. Do I have to get my Indian PCC that was issued on July 17, 2017, redone? What about the FBI PCC? Do I again have to get it re-done? Meaning, should the FBI PCC be issued only after the ITA?
4. Do I have to get my Proof of Funds done again? For PoF I got my personal loan letter from the bank on August 10, 2017. Do I have to get this letter re-issued?

Is there anything else that I need to get done again if at all I have to decline teh invitation and reapply?

N

newtoexpressentry

1. How long does the FBI normally take to process this and send it across to me?
2-3 months

If for example, they havent sent my documents across, and I have to decline the invitation, then:

2. Do I have to get my medical exams redone? (Scheduled for 1st of September, 2017)
for express entry u have to upload ur medical meaning its has to be completed before ur submit ur application. Medical is valid for 1 year
3. Do I have to get my Indian PCC that was issued on July 17, 2017, redone? What about the FBI PCC? Do I again have to get it re-done? Meaning, should the FBI PCC be issued only after the ITA?
indian PCC no unless ur went to india and came back after the first PCC or ur in India and its been 6 months after the PCC was issued. so need to know where are u right now? same deal with FBI PCC if u have visited US after getting the first FBI then u need a new one.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
indian PCC no unless ur went to india and came back after the first PCC or ur in India and its been 6 months after the PCC was issued. so need to know where are u right now? same deal with FBI PCC if u have visited US after getting the first FBI then u need a new one.
I am currently in the United States. I am not planning to travel anywhere for the next year.

Does this mean that I dont have to get my PCCs re-issued, because the only thing I will be doing is to decline the ITA and re-apply?

Also regarding your answer on completing the Medical exam before submitting the application - by submitting the application, you mean, submitting it AFTER the ITA right? I dont think it counts as "application submission" when you create the profile and while you are in the pool waiting for the ITA. Am I correct?

N

newtoexpressentry

I am currently in the United States. I am not planning to travel anywhere for the next year.

Does this mean that I dont have to get my PCCs re-issued, because the only thing I will be doing is to decline the ITA and re-apply?

Also regarding your answer on completing the Medical exam before submitting the application - by submitting the application, you mean, submitting it AFTER the ITA right? I dont think it counts as "application submission" when you create the profile and while you are in the pool waiting for the ITA. Am I correct?
read here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

right submitting means after u get ITA and u upload all the docs and submit

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
read here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

right submitting means after u get ITA and u upload all the docs and submit

Okay great! Thank you! Looks like if I dont get it, I will upload a explanation letter with proof, which I do have.

Also, do we have an option once the application is submitted to send across or upload the PCC when I do get it?

Also what about the proof of funds letter. This is not my account statement, but just the personal loan account. I dont have to get it re-issued do I?

N

newtoexpressentry

Okay great! Thank you! Looks like if I dont get it, I will upload a explanation letter with proof, which I do have.

Also, do we have an option once the application is submitted to send across or upload the PCC when I do get it?

Also what about the proof of funds letter. This is not my account statement, but just the personal loan account. I dont have to get it re-issued do I?
In my opinion nothing should be sent later as they will reject ur application for completeness check if ur docs dont get there in time. PCC is one of the frequent reasons for rejection

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
In my opinion nothing should be sent later as they will reject ur application for completeness check if ur docs dont get there in time. PCC is one of the frequent reasons for rejection
Hmm, confusing. This is what they say on the website:

"If you are an Express Entry candidate, and you are invited to apply, you will only have 90 days to submit your police certificate. To make sure you have enough time, you should apply for your police certificates as early as you can.

If you know that a country takes longer than 90 days to issue a police certificate, you should apply for one even if you don’t have an Invitation to Apply yet. Find out how to get a police certificate for a specific country or territory.

If you applied for a police certificate, but do not have it by the deadline to submit your online application, write or type your explanation on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section. You must also upload supporting documents that prove you applied for it, such as a confirmation receipt, payment receipt, delivery notice, tracking number, etc."

Not sure if I should decline the applicaiton because I am not sure when Id have the opportunity to actually present the PCC or just do as per the instructions on the site....

Also, what about the PoF letter? Do you have any idea on it?

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hey guys

Just a question. I got my ITA on June 28th. I sent my FBI PCC forms on July 7th and it was delivered on July 11 to FBI.

My deadline for application is September 27th

I have the following questions:

4. Do I have to get my Proof of Funds done again? For PoF I got my personal loan letter from the bank on August 10, 2017. Do I have to get this letter re-issued?

Is there anything else that I need to get done again if at all I have to decline teh invitation and reapply?
Time for PCC: 10 - 12 weeks says their website and it takes exactly that much time. My app reached May 22nd, they processed on Aug 11th and Mailed on Aug 15th. I received on document via USPS mail Aug 18th

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hmm, confusing. This is what they say on the website:

"If you are an Express Entry candidate, and you are invited to apply, you will only have 90 days to submit your police certificate. To make sure you have enough time, you should apply for your police certificates as early as you can.

If you know that a country takes longer than 90 days to issue a police certificate, you should apply for one even if you don’t have an Invitation to Apply yet. Find out how to get a police certificate for a specific country or territory.

If you applied for a police certificate, but do not have it by the deadline to submit your online application, write or type your explanation on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section. You must also upload supporting documents that prove you applied for it, such as a confirmation receipt, payment receipt, delivery notice, tracking number, etc."

Not sure if I should decline the applicaiton because I am not sure when Id have the opportunity to actually present the PCC or just do as per the instructions on the site....

Also, what about the PoF letter? Do you have any idea on it?
You have 35 days left still. Wait until the 89th day and if you don't receive by then. Explain in a cover letter and upload scanned copies of the PCC application you submitted and the Mail tracking receipt. They understand that it will take time but want you to prove that you applied, and will definitely want to see this PCC before they approve PR. They will let you upload it later if you get it after your app submission, however, you should wait until the deadline.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
You have 35 days left still. Wait until the 89th day and if you don't receive by then. Explain in a cover letter and upload scanned copies of the PCC application you submitted and the Mail tracking receipt. They understand that it will take time but want you to prove that you applied, and will definitely want to see this PCC before they approve PR. They will let you upload it later if you get it after your app submission, however, you should wait until the deadline.
That is what Id probably have to do. And then, create a CSE and upload the PCC. Hopefully, they wont reject my application. Hell, hopefully the damn PCC comes through. I should have applied for the PCC before I created EE profile. I was stupid to have not done that. :/

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
That is what Id probably have to do. And then, create a CSE and upload the PCC. Hopefully, they wont reject my application. Hell, hopefully the damn PCC comes through. I should have applied for the PCC before I created EE profile. I was stupid to have not done that. :/
They won't. You just have to put good faith effort to provide the documents and they understand it takes time. It's all good

Reactions: wickerman

owomil

Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, that makes sense. Just wondering what my options are.
hello ,
i Live in Nigeria but studied in the USA. I would like to know how you got your fingerprints scanned and what other process is required to get the FBI report done. Also, do i mail the forms directly from Nigeria to the USA. thanks