+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC when to apply?

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello all,

I lived in the USA for 11 months in the years 2007-2008. I intend to apply for express entry once I finish my IELTS. So naturally as part of emigration process I am aware I need to acquire FBI PCC since I have lived in the US for more than 6 months.

However, I plan to visit the USA for 3 weeks in June this year.

a) Should i apply for FBI PCC right away and keep that handy with me as and when i apply for express entry? or should i apply post my impending trip?

b) what is the validity of FBI PCC? If I apply for it now and keep it aside, and furnish it whenever in the future CIC asks me of it, does that work?

thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMV said:
Hello all,

I lived in the USA for 11 months in the years 2007-2008. I intend to apply for express entry once I finish my IELTS. So naturally as part of emigration process I am aware I need to acquire FBI PCC since I have lived in the US for more than 6 months.

However, I plan to visit the USA for 3 weeks in June this year.

a) Should i apply for FBI PCC right away and keep that handy with me as and when i apply for express entry? or should i apply post my impending trip?

b) what is the validity of FBI PCC? If I apply for it now and keep it aside, and furnish it whenever in the future CIC asks me of it, does that work?

thanks
If you intend to visit USA soon, you need to obtain your FBI PCC after returning. If you don't reside in USA anymore, there is no expiration date for it. Note it takes between 14 to 16 weeks to obtain one if your fingerprints were approved. Recommend using a professional agency to do that.