+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC: What is the maximum length of extension given by CIC ?

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got my ITA 30 days ago. FBI received my application on July 23rd. It is going to take 12 to 14 weeks to get my application back. i.e Around November 1st week.
My ITA will expire at the end of this month around August 27th.

So, even if I submit my application on August 27th. I would still need around 60 to 75 days of extension. This too only if my fingerprints are acceptable. Otherwise it will take even longer.

My question is this. What is the typical length of extension given by CIC. I see reports of 30 days extension and this simply won't work.

Do I then file multiple extensions? Does CIC really wait till the FBI reports come even if it takes like 3 to 4 months?

Experts! please weigh in.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
Normally cic have u 60 days but keep recipts of fingerprints done and post office receipt that u sent already might help. I got two fbi one in 2 weeks and other after 3 months

drpilot

Star Member
May 4, 2014
So I was also in this same boat... And I submitted at the tail end of my initial period to submit. Got ITA March 27 and submitted late May without the FBI PCC. What you do is that, once you receive your PCC, you open a CSE and upload it and they add it to your documents. I will advice you not to go the extension route. Just submit with a letter of explanation stating that you have applied for the FBI PCC but it is going to take time (upload any proofs you have eg receipts, etc) then open a CSE once you receive the PCC.
I am not sure if they wait for the PCC to come before they start processing though.

Was this helpful? Give me a round of a +

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
@drpilot: Thanks for sharing your perspective. I appreciate it. I found it helpful.

I am just going to explain in the explanation letter that I did not get it yet and that it might take 2 to 3 months time to get it and that I will open a CSE and attach the document once I get it.

That should suffice, hopefully.

linpaws87

Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
okbangaram said:
@ drpilot: Thanks for sharing your perspective. I appreciate it. I found it helpful.

I am just going to explain in the explanation letter that I did not get it yet and that it might take 2 to 3 months time to get it and that I will open a CSE and attach the document once I get it.

That should suffice, hopefully.
@okbangaram, can you please let us know if sending an explanation letter helped?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
linpaws87 said:
@ okbangaram, can you please let us know if sending an explanation letter helped?
I was in the same situation in April when i received ITA. I sent LOE with proofs such as my fingerprinting,courier receipt to FBI, Aplication form filled for FBI PCC etc scanned as single document and said will provide as soon as i receive response. Fortunately i received around 30-45 days after submitting ITA and added it to my file using Case Specific Enquiry.