+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC validity question

Rohexpentry

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I received my FBI PCC certificate on 02 Jun, 2016. Am still in USA. Haven't received ITA yet. If I receive ITA somewhere Nov or Dec 2016 can i still use the same PCC or Do i need to apply for a new one. I just read some where or heard that a PCC once issued is valid only for 6 months from the date of issue. Any clarification or help is highly appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

So the way I see it, let's say you are back in India when you get your ITA. In this case that PCC would still be valid.

But if you're still living in the States when you get the ITA it would mean it is only valid until Dec 2nd, 2016.

Hopefully someone else can confirm this as it is 1 am and i'm not thinking clearly anymore :p

Cheers mate

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rohexpentry said:
Hi All,

I received my FBI PCC certificate on 02 Jun, 2016. Am still in USA. Haven't received ITA yet. If I receive ITA somewhere Nov or Dec 2016 can i still use the same PCC or Do i need to apply for a new one. I just read some where or heard that a PCC once issued is valid only for 6 months from the date of issue. Any clarification or help is highly appreciated.
You will need a new one after 6 months.

Rohexpentry

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you all. this helps. I haven't received ITA yet. Waiting at CRS 464. I'd apply for a fresh PCC just in case I am not applying before 02 Dec (which is very much possible).