+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC requirement

alinawazahmed

Apr 24, 2019
Hi All,

I stayed in US for 2 years and moved out in August 2017. I had applied for PCC for another purpose and I got it on 23-03-2018. I started to work in Canada from Dec 2017 and have visited US as a tourist for some days totaling to not more than 10 days.

According to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html which states that

"For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live"

my PCC is still valid and I have used the same for my express entry application. However, for my work I had applied for another PCC from US and have got the same. I am thinking whether to create a new webform and attach the latest PCC or just leave it. Would creating the new webform increase my timeline for processing my application?