+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC inordinate delay - requesting cic for another extension. Help.

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
Hi everyone!

I am in the exact same boat. There was a mistake on my cc form for the $18 processing fee and they pulled my file from the system so now I have to wait the 4 months all over again... I was already granted 60 days to upload my PCC but now I need to request a second and possibly a third extension... I submitted a CSE yesterday but since my first 60 days are up on April 2 im really worried it wont be see in time. Has anyone else uploaded a LOE into the PCC upload space on their EE profile? I feel like its the fastest way for them to see it but im also worried about filling in the fields in the sections that ask for expiry dates and document numbers with bogus info to get to the place where I can upload my LOE...

I called CIC and they said the only instruction they are authorized to give is to submit a CSE. They said they understand my worry about the timeline but they cant give me any more/different advice...

??? :-[

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Kind of the first extension situation for me here. I have pnp nomination and hence the ITA. Need to submit the eAPR by 31-Jan., My FBI PCC wasn't processed in time due to some card issue for which they never informed me and I was late in emailing them as well as they mentioned that no enquiries will be entertained. Anyways so now I sent them the new card details and they confirmed that they have "forwarded it to the correct person/department." Which gives me an impression that the process wouldn't have started at all since the payment hadn't gone through. So it seems a matter of another 10 weeks at least (even if I deduct 2-4 weeks ). Though on the other hand, if they'd have processed it partially, then I may get it in a month as well( have given US postal address).
Question-
Should I decline the ITA as of now, wait for the next draw, I do think that I'll get the ITA (due to PNP) and hence I'll get the 90 days that they've started giving to the people or should I submit the eAPR and file for extension of 2+ months which is going to be tough to get.

Any help and opinions would be great. Pls advise. Many thanks.

Marcola

May 7, 2017
Hi everyone.

Is it really possible to get a longer extention?

For those that got a second extention, please help. I received my ITA 31 May 2017 and sent my fingerprints to the FBI on 3 June. I then submitted my PR application with the proofs and LOE on 2 August. I have passed medicals but as I am PNP didnt start background check as yet so no ADR at this stage. My prints were rejected:(

Should I a) raise a CSE or b) wait for ADR?

Smritib

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Guys
Desperately need some help and advice.

Please read on.

I received an extension of 60 days from the CIC for submitting my FBI PCC which is the only missing/ incomplete part of my application for the PR.
However today I checked on the status with the FBI for my documents and apparently due to some random customs check the documents had not reached their facility until 60 days later , which is on the 9th of September. Normal processing time = 12 weeks so I am not expecting them to send me anything before 15th of December.

Is there any way i can request for another extension to the CIC for this document and state the nature of the problem and all the proofs?

I saw on FedEx that a detailed trail of the document is available. Can i use that to request the CIC to still keep my application open until I can submit this document?

Has anyone faced anything similar ? Please can you advice? Is there a way for me to call the CIC and talk to someone there? Or do I need to send a physical mail or email ?

Please help.
--
Hi,

We are also sailing the same boat and have searched several forums for answer to this question, but did not find any relevant answer. We were hoping that you could guide us as to what happened with your application? Were you able to request an extension with CIC. Our 60 days comes to an end on the 18th of September 2017. However considering the current trend, we were told to expect the document not before 10 of October 2017 close to 110 days from the receipt of application at FBI office. Please advise us on how to seek an extension as there does not seem to be any standard option available to us.

warm regards
Shiv Smriti

shobsaxena

Nov 1, 2017
chicago, usa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
express entry
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-15-2017
Hi everyone.

Is it really possible to get a longer extention?

For those that got a second extention, please help. I received my ITA 31 May 2017 and sent my fingerprints to the FBI on 3 June. I then submitted my PR application with the proofs and LOE on 2 August. I have passed medicals but as I am PNP didnt start background check as yet so no ADR at this stage. My prints were rejected:(

Should I a) raise a CSE or b) wait for ADR?
i think you can wait for ADR, what step didyou take?

shobsaxena

Nov 1, 2017
chicago, usa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
express entry
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-15-2017
Hi,

We are also sailing the same boat and have searched several forums for answer to this question, but did not find any relevant answer. We were hoping that you could guide us as to what happened with your application? Were you able to request an extension with CIC. Our 60 days comes to an end on the 18th of September 2017. However considering the current trend, we were told to expect the document not before 10 of October 2017 close to 110 days from the receipt of application at FBI office. Please advise us on how to seek an extension as there does not seem to be any standard option available to us.

warm regards
Shiv Smriti
riase a CSE that options seems to work: check earlier posts on this thread. i am in the same boat and i will raise the CSE when i am closer to my submission date.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:42 AM