+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC inordinate delay - requesting cic for another extension. Help.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Hi Guys
Desperately need some help and advice.

Please read on.

I received an extension of 60 days from the CIC for submitting my FBI PCC which is the only missing/ incomplete part of my application for the PR.
However today I checked on the status with the FBI for my documents and apparently due to some random customs check the documents had not reached their facility until 60 days later , which is on the 9th of September. Normal processing time = 12 weeks so I am not expecting them to send me anything before 15th of December.

Is there any way i can request for another extension to the CIC for this document and state the nature of the problem and all the proofs?

I saw on FedEx that a detailed trail of the document is available. Can i use that to request the CIC to still keep my application open until I can submit this document?

Has anyone faced anything similar ? Please can you advice? Is there a way for me to call the CIC and talk to someone there? Or do I need to send a physical mail or email ?

Please help.
--

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
yogigal said:
Hi Guys

Please read on.

I received an extension of 60 days from the CIC for submitting my FBI PCC which is the only missing/ incomplete part of my application for the PR.
However today I checked on the status with the FBI for my documents and apparently due to some random customs check the documents had not reached their facility until 60 days later , which is on the 9th of September. Normal processing time = 12 weeks so I am not expecting them to send me anything before 15th of December.

Is there any way i can request for another extension to the CIC for this document and state the nature of the problem and all the proofs?

I saw on FedEx that a detailed trail of the document is available. Can i use that to request the CIC to still keep my application open until I can submit this document?

Has anyone faced anything similar ? Please can you advice? Is there a way for me to call the CIC and talk to someone there? Or do I need to send a physical mail or email ?

Please help.
--

Yes , you can use Fedex track for another extension. Ask them at least 60 Days

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
aru_nj said:
Yes , you can use Fedex track for another extension. Ask them at least 60 Days
OK thanks that's a huge relief. I will attach all the necessary proof.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
yogigal said:
OK thanks that's a huge relief. I will attach all the necessary proof.
Can someone please help me understand how to contact the CIC?

1. Phone call
2. Email
3. CSE - if i understand correctly its only if the application processing times have been delayed. Is this the best method to provide an LOE to the CIC with the details of the delay?

Please help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Can someone please help me understand how to contact the CIC?

1. Phone call
2. Email
3. CSE - if i understand correctly its only if the application processing times have been delayed. Is this the best method to provide an LOE to the CIC with the details of the delay?

Please help
CSE is the best option there.

bgsubram

Dec 10, 2015
Hi All,
I am in a similar situation. I submitted my application with a letter of explanation regarding the unavailability of the FBI PCC along with proof of Finger Print and postal confirmation. Soon after the submission, my application status was changed to "Require additional documentation" for the FBI PCC within 60 days of time which is expiring on Feb 1st. Based on enquiry with the FBI, my package is unlikely to be opened before the second week of February. (As of Dec 29th, they were processing packages received on September 15th and mine was delivered on November 3rd).

I had raised a case specific enquiry seeking an additional extension of 60 days 3 weeks ago. I have not received any response from cic yet. Can you please help me with advice based on my situation:

1) My express entry submission has a link to submit the FBI PCC on the list of documents page. Can I submit a new letter of explanation mentioning the delay and seek an extension.

2) Is there any email id through which I can contact cic

3) Is there a number on which cic can be contacted to explain the scenario

Any inputs in this regard will be immensely helpful as I am nearing the deadline in a very helpless state.

Thanks,
bgs

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Hi Guys

Please read on.

Please help.
--
Hello,

Were you able to get second extension.
I am in a similar situation so need to know it is urget
Need to make decision within 1 week.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hi bgsubram,

Too bad, mine was delivered to FBI on Nov 6th and my ITA will expire on March. Maybe I should follow your suggestion and write a letter of explanation regarding the unavailability of the FBI PCC and ask for a 60 day extension.

Thanks for your information. Good luck!

bgsubram said:
Hi All,
I am in a similar situation. I submitted my application with a letter of explanation regarding the unavailability of the FBI PCC along with proof of Finger Print and postal confirmation. Soon after the submission, my application status was changed to "Require additional documentation" for the FBI PCC within 60 days of time which is expiring on Feb 1st. Based on enquiry with the FBI, my package is unlikely to be opened before the second week of February. (As of Dec 29th, they were processing packages received on September 15th and mine was delivered on November 3rd).

I had raised a case specific enquiry seeking an additional extension of 60 days 3 weeks ago. I have not received any response from cic yet. Can you please help me with advice based on my situation:

1) My express entry submission has a link to submit the FBI PCC on the list of documents page. Can I submit a new letter of explanation mentioning the delay and seek an extension.

Any inputs in this regard will be immensely helpful as I am nearing the deadline in a very helpless state.

Thanks,
bgs

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I am still in process of waiting news from CIC, but I asked them for a second extension.

I was given 60 days and it was clear that I wouldn't receive docs by that deadline. So instead of FBI PCC I have attached another letter of explanation asking to give me the opportunity to attach the FBI PCC later on.

(I thought CSE not an option as they reply to it within 30 working days)

I haven't got ANY response. After I received the FBI PCC, I wrote a CSE asking to attach it to my application.

Two weeks later I've got a response, that they have received my supported documents and attached it to my application.

I am not sure I did it all the right way.

However, from the way their system works (and they use oracle internally as I understand) it is most likely, that once they gave you 60 days, this 'workflow' is on your side and they cannot technically extend it unless you close it (or the deadline expires). Otherwise, the operator would have the opportunity to close the application for you from their side, but that sounds lile a nonsense. So, I believe they cannot add up extension in the system to what they gave you and which is not 'closed' (just the way the workflow goes in SAP or Oracle). But I might be wrong, anyway.

If you have time, you can raise CSE and wait for 30 working days and see what they right to you, of course.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Yes, per some posters, CIC allows for second (and possibly) more rounds of extensions. To request an extension, please go ahead and upload a LOE in the field where you are supposed to upload the FBI report or raise a CSE.

The following thread is very helpful, please check it out for more details -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t247817.0.html

Best wishes to all.

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:
Yes, per some posters, CIC allows for second (and possibly) more rounds of extensions. To request an extension, please go ahead and upload a LOE in the field where you are supposed to upload the FBI report or raise a CSE.

The following thread is very helpful, please check it out for more details -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t247817.0.html

Best wishes to all.
Yes, now as I got my PPR I can confirm this option can work as it worked for me! I did exactly the same thing :)

Reactions: shobsaxena

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Did you get a 2nd extension? Please help! I'm in the same situation!! Many thanks!

bgsubram said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
bgs

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
yogigal said:
Thanks for this @Asivad Anac.
Did the LOE with Fedex trail help to get a 2nd extension from CIC ? Did you upload LOE to the "Replacement document" spot in your application or did you send a CSE enquiry instead....which is better? Please help! Sailing in the same boat....

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
agapov said:
Yes, now as I got my PPR I can confirm this option can work as it worked for me! I did exactly the same thing :)
Woww!! agapov!!! Awesome news ever!! 8) 8)

could you please guide me as to what to write in LOE the 2nd time? I dont have any new proof!! I already submitted courier receipt and tracking information from courier company website. Also attached screenshots of FBI website highlighting where they say they cant expedite application processing time for additional fee and that std processing time is 13 to 16 weeks. What else can I attach this time in LOE :-\ :'(