+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC from India

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I am from Chennai and I have done masters from US and obviously I have to get the FBI PCC from India. Could anyone please provide the step by step procedure in obtaining them. I did find many websites listing out details but they are all kind of misleading. What should be my first step towards acquiring FBI PCC? Should i request through mail using the link https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks ?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I am from Chennai and I have done masters from US and obviously I have to get the FBI PCC from India. Could anyone please provide the step by step procedure in obtaining them. I did find many websites listing out details but they are all kind of misleading. What should be my first step towards acquiring FBI PCC? Should i request through mail using the link https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks ?
I got mine delivered via email.. steps are straight forward on fbi website

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
download the fd 258 form, follow the directions to take prints on it. fill it out and courier it to the fbi address. no need for mailed copy, email copy is enough.

Reactions: mvneema10

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
So did you opt for electronic or mail?
Hello if you are unsure about what to do. Here is the procedure.

1. Fill out the online application for identity summary history you will get a email with a link and a PIn. The PIN is important. It is used to access your account.
2. Once you do the payment and everything you will get the confirmation email. You will need that to send the fingerprints to FBI.
3. Download the FD 258 fingerprinting form and print it.
4. Now you can either choose to visit your nearest police commissioner office to get your fingerprinting done (cheap Option). Or you can google some forensic agency which does the fingerprinting (this is costly).
5. Once you have FD258 form with fingerprint mail that form with confirmation email to FBI address given in confirmation email.
6. In about a 3-5 days you will have your PCC.

I hope that explains everything.

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019

1. Fill out the online application for identity summary history you will get a email with a link and a PIn. The PIN is important. It is used to access your account.
2. Once you do the payment and everything you will get the confirmation email. You will need that to send the fingerprints to FBI.
4. Now you can either choose to visit your nearest police commissioner office to get your fingerprinting done (cheap Option). Or you can google some forensic agency which does the fingerprinting (this is costly).
5. Once you have FD258 form with fingerprint mail that form with confirmation email to FBI address given in confirmation email.

Thanks for the detailed response

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I completed my fingerprint in Chennai and mail the fingerprint card with the email confirmation to the FBI CJIS Division, West Virginia and mail it on 11 Mar. The package got delivered on Mar 17 and since then I didn't get any update from FBI.gov. is this normal? How long should I wait for the completion of the PCC?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019

I completed my fingerprint in Chennai and mail the fingerprint card with the email confirmation to the FBI CJIS Division, West Virginia and mail it on 11 Mar. The package got delivered on Mar 17 and since then I didn't get any update from FBI.gov. is this normal? How long should I wait for the completion of the PCC?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
FBI doesn't respond to the Identity History Summary requests right now due to the virus. Unfortunately, no information on when they reopen is available :(

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi Identity History summary service is suspended till this coronavirus pandemic is going on .. there was a circular on their FBI website ... Best option for you if you have received your ITA is mail the customer service email and whatever response you get attach that with a LOE when uploading documents.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi Identity History summary service is suspended till this coronavirus pandemic is going on .. there was a circular on their FBI website ... Best option for you if you have received your ITA is mail the customer service email and whatever response you get attach that with a LOE when uploading documents.
I got this response from them on Friday from their customer service.

It can take 3-5 business days from the date when the fingerprints are received, and as long as the envelope was addressed to the EXACT address provided in the confirmation email, for our Processing Center to match up, for your status to change and for the request to be completed. After your request is complete, you will receive an email notification. You will then go back to the original email where your PIN is located and click the link and type the PIN in to review your report in electronic PDF format.

If you requested a hard copy response, you will get both an electronic and a hard copy response. The hard copy response will mail out approximately 3 business days after your request is completed. All hard copy responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail.

Thank you,
Brianna
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division
Quality & Analysis Support Unit (QASU)
Customer Service Group (CSG)
(304) 625-5590
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8:00am-5:00PM EST
Identity@fbi.gov

I never knew they were closed for now. Also I can't find any information regarding their service being suspended. Can you point where I can find the info?

Last edited:

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
I did the below way and it was very fast

1) Register on edo.cjis.gov.

2) Complete the $18 payment for the EDO.

3) Register on USPS's website for digital fingerprint capture with your EDO order number. Do this before going to USPS.

4) Go to an eligible post office during service hours. No appointment required.

5) A post office employee will take your fingerprints and charge you $50.

6) The FBI will send an email notification when the results are ready. Use the link in the original confirmation email of the EDO to login and view the results.