+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC delayed...Should i wait till last day to submit ITA?

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello,

I submitted my application for FBI PCC on 20,Oct.(my docs. delivered to them). Now with my ITA, the last date to submit my docs. is 17,Jan 2018. Till now i assumed i will wait till second week of Jan. and submit my application with LoE. CIC will grant me extension(because i have all necessary proof to support that i have applied) and simultaneously i will receive pcc by the first week of Feb. 2018(till now wait time was 12 to 14 weeks). But now with increased wait time to 14 to 16 weeks, there is no way i could receive it before Feb. end or March. I think i should submit my application and ask CIC for 90 days extension so that they can at list start background check and other verification. This will reduce process time for my application. On the other hand, wait till last date and than submit asking for extension. What should i do?

Thank you in advance.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

I submitted my application for FBI PCC on 20,Oct.(my docs. delivered to them). Now with my ITA, the last date to submit my docs. is 17,Jan 2018. Till now i assumed i will wait till second week of Jan. and submit my application with LoE. CIC will grant me extension(because i have all necessary proof to support that i have applied) and simultaneously i will receive pcc by the first week of Feb. 2018(till now wait time was 12 to 14 weeks). But now with increased wait time to 14 to 16 weeks, there is no way i could receive it before Feb. end or March. I think i should submit my application and ask CIC for 90 days extension so that they can at list start background check and other verification. This will reduce process time for my application. On the other hand, wait till last date and than submit asking for extension. What should i do?

Thank you in advance.
This link has the answer you're looking for:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
@sid8tive hi just went through your thread above. I have the same ita as yours and submitted my application on 9th feb and received aor the same day. However I haven't got any response regarding the extension period for submitting my fbi pcc until now. When did you receive yours? Pls quote me to any thread which discusses issues related to this if you know. Tia

@sid8tive hi just went through your thread above. I have the same ita as yours and submitted my application on 9th feb and received aor the same day. However I haven't got any response regarding the extension period for submitting my fbi pcc until now. When did you receive yours? Pls quote me to any thread which discusses issues related to this if you know. Tia
Hi there! Did your medicals pass yet? Per current trends, average time to MEP (MEdical Passed) is 31 days. Usually the PCC ADR will happen when MEP happens (usually same day, sometimes delayed). I got my ADR the same instant as MEP. YMMV.