+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC 13-15 Weeks - Need Advice!

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Everyone!

So I posted this question previously when I was putting together my application for e-APR. As CIC only grants you 60 days to submit the application which is below the 13-15 weeks required for the FBI PCC.

Based on suggestions I got on here, I wrote CIC an explanation letter stating that I applied for the FBI PCC and considering their timelines I have no choice but to submit my application without it. I even showed proof of sending the application to FBI, stating that I was still waiting for a response.

CIC recently responded, granting me a 60 day extension for the FBI PCC. My question is, I have already been waiting close to 11 weeks to hear back from FBI. I haven't even seen any transaction made on my bank statement for the PCC fee as yet. Is this normal ? Or does anyone have an email address/phone # that I can contact to get an update on the status of my application ?

Please advise, as I know CIC themselves take a while to process the e-APR application and I'm trying to avoid any further delays.

Thanks!

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi,

I think you can call the FBI and check with them. I only sent them the application a week or two ago and had called them to check if they had received my application. They told me that the applications that were received by Feb 13 are being dealt with then. They told me that they won't know about recently arrived applications. The number I called is 304-625-5590.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
You can request for another extension from CIC in case you didn't receive FBI PCC near the end of your 60 days extension.

Yes. FBI nowadays are really really slow and you can't choose express mail for FBI to mail the PCC back to you. They force everyone to use USPS first class mail. My application was delivered to FBI on Nov 6 but I received the PCC on Mar 10 (7 days in mailing).

You can use
Phone - 304-625-5590
email - liaison@leo.gov
to contact FBI regarding your progress.
In addition, people will report progress at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t247817.4260.html For example, FBI started processing applications delivered by 23rd February today.

Helios24 said:
Hey Everyone!

So I posted this question previously when I was putting together my application for e-APR. As CIC only grants you 60 days to submit the application which is below the 13-15 weeks required for the FBI PCC.

Based on suggestions I got on here, I wrote CIC an explanation letter stating that I applied for the FBI PCC and considering their timelines I have no choice but to submit my application without it. I even showed proof of sending the application to FBI, stating that I was still waiting for a response.

CIC recently responded, granting me a 60 day extension for the FBI PCC. My question is, I have already been waiting close to 11 weeks to hear back from FBI. I haven't even seen any transaction made on my bank statement for the PCC fee as yet. Is this normal ? Or does anyone have an email address/phone # that I can contact to get an update on the status of my application ?

Please advise, as I know CIC themselves take a while to process the e-APR application and I'm trying to avoid any further delays.

Thanks!

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Thanks ImmiToCanada & Krishere1982 for your replies and info, I'll definitely be contacting them. That timeline sounds about right, as my application was sent at the end of February, and it's almost 11 weeks, so with that progress they'll start processing it around the 13 / 14 week mark.

What info did you have to provide them when you called / emailed them ? First Name & Last Name / Tracking # of application ?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helios24 said:
Thanks ImmiToCanada & Krishere1982 for your replies and info, I'll definitely be contacting them. That timeline sounds about right, as my application was sent at the end of February, and it's almost 11 weeks, so with that progress they'll start processing it around the 13 / 14 week mark.

What info did you have to provide them when you called / emailed them ? First Name & Last Name / Tracking # of application ?
Call FBI a day or two after your credit card gets charged. You need to tell your first name and last name along with DOB. You can ask whether your prints were fine and date of dispatch of report.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
Helios24 said:
Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
When I requested mine in September last year, I got it in 13-14 weeks, it was definitely more than 3 months after I sent the fingerprints. They really take as long as they mention on their website. My credit card didn't get charged until a week before I got it in the mail, which I assume was the day they opened my envelope.

noka11

May 16, 2016
I received a message from CIC today granting me 60 days extension (till 19th July 2016) for uploading FBI PCC. FBI had received my documents on 19th April 2016 and I submitted my application along with FBI LOE on 15th May 2016. I called up FBI today and they said that they are processing applications for 2nd March 2016 as on today (19th May 2016). It might just be a race to the finish for me as its just been 4 weeks that FBI received my application. Hoping for the best.