Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i have two questions about the FBI Identification Record Request:

1, should i have the results sent directly to the processing center of my visa or to me?

2, did anyone put a date under the required date section?

I'm noticing it says it can take up to four months to receive and well the whole visa process seems to be taking that long which is why i thought things would go quicker if i had them sent straight to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
I am assuming you have not sent any documents and this is a outland application and you are in NYC(because of your userid)

1. You should have FBI send the results to yourself.
2. You should put a date so that FBI returns the results quickly. I stay in Albany, NY and mine was returned in 10 days.

Also do not forget to get your NY state Police clearance certificate.(I didnt sent this and NYC consulate made be pay for this by making me wait for 90 days)

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
1- Have them sent to you so that you can include it with your application

2- Put a date on them- I got mine in two weeks and it was international mail...it does not cost extra to have a date when you want them.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Have them sent directly to you. I didn't even put that I needed it by a certain date and I got it within 2 weeks (mailed to Canada). The states took approx the same amount of time (NYS may have been a bit longer)

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
newbie2281 said:
I am assuming you have not sent any documents and this is a outland application and you are in NYC(because of your userid)

1. You should have FBI send the results to yourself.
2. You should put a date so that FBI returns the results quickly. I stay in Albany, NY and mine was returned in 10 days.

Also do not forget to get your NY state Police clearance certificate.(I didnt sent this and NYC consulate made be pay for this by making me wait for 90 days)
i wasn't aware i needed both, thank you so much... to everyone.
and yes, i am in nyc doing outland application but have yet to send the forms in as i am still waiting for the photographer to get our wedding pictures to me ( i have been married 4 months and still haven't seen pictures from my wedding) as well as the fact i find the forms a tad bit confusing but from looking at everyones time lines hopefully my husband and i wont be apart for too long

thanks again all

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
You will need PCC from all the states that you have lived in.If you were in NYC all your life, PCC from NY is all that you require(along with FBI certificate).

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
To NYCtoNB, yes get all your state police clearance from every state you have lived in for more than 6months and as early as possible since some states would take forever to send it back to you. The FBI clearance result is quicker than what they claim on their website, but it does help putting the required date on the envelope. Mine took over a month though because they sent it back to me twice due to print not clear or unreadable according to them. So my other advise to you is to go to the local police and get your rolled fingerprint instead of going to some store or private place because sometimes they don't know how to do it, this is what happened to me. When I went to the police station for my 3rd rolling, I told them that it was my third time to be doing the fingerprint and that it was crucial that this will be the last time the FBI will ever ask me to redo them. They where very understanding and they where very careful on how they roll my prints and even did it twice. Goodluck to you!!

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
To newbie2281, congratulations you're almost done!!!
I saw your time line and there's a long gap between April transfer to NY and your PPR...just curious, is this the time they asked for your state clearance? If so when did you sent it in?
I hope you don't mind me asking because they requested my police clearance on 8/17 and sent it back last week 9/11, no word yet if Detroit office received them,do they let you know when they received it?
I really hope you don't mind me asking, but I would really appreciate a response:)

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
annemyrtle said:
To NYCtoNB, yes get all your state police clearance from every state you have lived in for more than 6months and as early as possible since some states would take forever to send it back to you. The FBI clearance result is quicker than what they claim on their website, but it does help putting the required date on the envelope. Mine took over a month though because they sent it back to me twice due to print not clear or unreadable according to them. So my other advise to you is to go to the local police and get your rolled fingerprint instead of going to some store or private place because sometimes they don't know how to do it, this is what happened to me. When I went to the police station for my 3rd rolling, I told them that it was my third time to be doing the fingerprint and that it was crucial that this will be the last time the FBI will ever ask me to redo them. They where very understanding and they where very careful on how they roll my prints and even did it twice. Goodluck to you!!
can you just get the state police clearance at a police station? i was planning on getting the fingerprinting for the fbi done at my local station. i have lived in nyc my whole life so luckily i'll only have to do the one.
thank you so much for the info

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
I don't think so but I am not sure, every state is different.
But for mine I got my fingerprints taken at a local office then submitted them to 2 states, one to the states department of justice and the other one just to the states record review office, which I think they are both the same but for you check out this link www.criminaljustice.ny.us/ojis/recordreview.htm

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
To annemyrtle : Yes, NYC did ask me for my NY and DE PCC and this was on 15th July 2009. They made me wait for 90 days even though I had proactively sent it. Some gentleman called me on 5th August asking me for my DE PCC and that is when they realised that I had sent my NY PCC earlier (He was seeing the PCC I had sent earlier w/o DE PCC). I was told that I am approved and would receive PPR in two week time but received it on 09/12/2009. After submitting missing documents, I realised that it does take them around 60 days to give your PCC if everything is cleared (See trackitt.com and you will see what I mean)

To NYCtoNB: You will require getting your fingerprint done in the NYC police station on a finger print card mailed by DCJS in Albany. See http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ojis/recordreview.htm for details. You will first email for an application, they send you a package and then you will require mailing them back. Since I stay in Albany, I could go there and pick up the application and deliver them back the fingerprint card but they will only mail you the results.

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Hi newbie2281, thank you so much for the details...greatly appreciated.
I just can't wait for my PPR, even thought I am not sure yet if I would get approved.

I hope you don't mind if I ask another question.
Just so I have an idea, when did you send your NY PCC?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grrrr... I mailed my request to the FBI on August 26th and put Sept 18th as the date we needed it by... and nothing. We recieved his Illinois Police check last week and they were supposed to be slower. I know FBI CAN take 6 weeks but I also hear people getting it in a week, and we clearly advised it was for immigration purposes and when it was needed by. I am so scared it wont be here in time to send out common law application on Oct 1 cause we have been waiting for that day for sooo long and that is the last thing we are waiting for... :(