+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Identification Record Request

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you serious? The post right before yours (which was the most recent post before yours) contains a phone number and the post before that contains an email...

Nej said:
I sent out for an FBI request the frist week of Oct and it's now almost the end of Nov. and still nothing. I marked the envelope and sheet for immigration purposes. I have all the state police requests in. Is there a number I can call? Should I be worried that it got lost?

gwendave

Oct 27, 2009
NYCtoNB said:
Karlshammar said:
Try contacting them at liaison @ leo.gov .

NYCtoNB said:
is there a contact number to find out the state of your FBI clearance, i'm really starting to freak out.
thank you so much with that email i was actually aboe to find a number so for anyone else having this issue

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
Thank you both so much for this information. It has been driving me nuts waiting for this one, and the only confirmation I had that they received my fingerprints was the certified mail receipt showing the delivery over a month ago. I know they're well within their time frame, but this whole process is making me edgy about meeting deadlines. =)

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Isn't it true that you no longer need state police clearances? I sure hope so, that gets costly!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Np, Gwendave!

Nyssa, on the site it now says that they "may" request state police certificates, but they have changed that a couple of times in the past, so who knows... I would include them just to make sure, unless you've lived in 20 states or so. :)

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Hahaha no, only 2. It shouldn't be a problem, just a bit more expensive. You make a good point though. It's an extra $40 but may be worth it incase of delays. Thanks =]

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Just got off the phone with the FBI
they gave me a new number 304 625 5590
it's automated when given the option select that you a private person who put in for personal reasons cause if you select immigration its not the same as emigration
all you need is your name and the address you put on the form
to anyone who sent there's out the begining of october mine went out the 5th and they said it will be getting mailed back to me on monday the 30th
so hopefully i will be sending my app out in december
i feel like i just wasted three months but i'm still so excited

gwendave

Oct 27, 2009
I called this morning and was told my certificate request is not showing in the system yet. The woman I spoke with said it won't show in the system until it's gone through multiple checks and is ready for the final check which is fingerprints. According to her, once it's in that final stage it takes 7-17 business days for the fingerprints to be checked. She also stated that right now it is taking them the website's stated 8-10 weeks for processing beginning to end.

Those of you who managed to get them back in two weeks are lucky apparently!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Karlshammar said:
Np! I lived in 2 states and not sending the certificates caused a 90 day delay. :(
All right, I can definitely suck it up and come up with the $40 to avoid possibly having a 90 day delay!! It gets hard this time of year trying to put an application together around Christmas. But I definitely don't want to wait much longer!

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found the email address last night after I posted and got a reply back this morning saying it should be in the mail today. :) Thanks everyone.

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've called for this thing a couple of times now and they said it was processed on nov 5 and sent out nov 24 and I still haven't recieved it. :( Surely it doesn't take 3 weeks for a letter to get from Virginia to the lower mainland, BC.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
ok i know this is stupid as we have gone over it a billion times but now that its sent im just rereading everything and making sure so that if i have to fax anything i have forgotten i can do it before its even requested

Part 3:
Country Specific
Instructions

United States of America, Bermuda,
Puerto Rico and
Saint Pierre and Miquelon

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged
18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach
the original police document(s). Please consult our Web site for specific and up-to-date information
on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

it doesn't actually say we have to get clearance from each state we have lived in? is it because we get the federal clearance or is the pdf just out of date?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to get the federal clearance, and then they may request individual state certificates on top of that. In my case they did, so I had to get NJ and CA certificates, and my processing was delayed by 3 months. :(

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Karlshammar said:
You have to get the federal clearance, and then they may request individual state certificates on top of that. In my case they did, so I had to get NJ and CA certificates, and my processing was delayed by 3 months. :(
i have my state clearance... although i remembered i need for jersey too... i was just wondering why it wasn't in the guid

may i ask, i was looking on the internet at how new jersey does there process, can you not use the finger print card from your federal clearance that they send back do you have to go through there whole process they seem so much more complex than other states

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, it's definitely more complex. I called them and they mailed it right out to me, and I got it within a week or so.

NYCtoNB said:
i have my state clearance... although i remembered i need for jersey too... i was just wondering why it wasn't in the guid

may i ask, i was looking on the internet at how new jersey does there process, can you not use the finger print card from your federal clearance that they send back do you have to go through there whole process they seem so much more complex than other states