+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI FINGERPRINTS- PLEASE HELP- VERY CONFUSED

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Hi all!

Im in the middle of filling out the application for PR but Im stuck.. :eek:
I was working in USA on J1 visa for 4 and a half months in 2009. After that I worked on the cruise ship in 2013 for 177 days exactly.
I am not sure if I need to get FBI clearance..Ive read that I need it only if I lived in USA for more than 6 months. Well..In 2009 Ive lived for 4 and a half and in 2013 I actualy didnt live in States but in Cruise Ship for 177 days (Feb 8th-August2nd). Ship was all over the world from States to Europe.
Can anyone please help me, Ive sent for FBI fingerprints but I dont think I have time for them to reply back cause I have only 30 days left for application..So, do I need the FBI clearance or no?
::)
Thank you!

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
So basically I didnt live for 6 months (180 days, right?! lol) in States. Neither in 2009 and neither in 2013. But if you add them its more than 6 moths.
Im not sure how they calculate 6 months - date to date or? And do they add months together from both years?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinchy22 said:
So basically I didnt live for 6 months (180 days, right?! lol) in States. Neither in 2009 and neither in 2013. But if you add them its more than 6 moths.
Im not sure how they calculate 6 months - date to date or? And do they add months together from both years?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
6 months or more in a row. That means during a single visit.

You don't need a PCC from any country where you have stayed for less than 6 months in a row since you turned 18.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
You again :) YAY :D

Okie, so 177 days would not be 6 months, right? 6 months is 182 days..or they look at it date to date? In that case also is not 6 months ( Feb8th-Aug3rd)

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I strongly suggest you proceed with FBI clearance. Even if you survive from 6month stay rule, there are lots of examples they request Clearance if they do not feel %100 confident.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
I strongly suggest you proceed with FBI clearance. Even if you survive from 6month stay rule, there are lots of examples they request Clearance if they do not feel %100 confident.
And do any of those examples include people who have a clean entry and exit timing of less than 6 months?

I'm sure your intentions are in the right place but let's try and make it less difficult for everyone. CIC respects it's own guidelines and that has been proven multiple times over. Applicants get rejected for not respecting CIC guidelines. And for no other reasons.

Of course, there is no harm in playing safe and recommending that as a strategy. But I would imagine that if there is an open and shut case of not having lived in a country for 6 months in a row, the question of PCC wouldn't arise at all.

Having said that, I totally understand where you are coming from and appreciate your well-meaning concern for a fellow PR traveler.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Hi All,
I was there in USA for approx 1 and half year so i would need to submit the PCC from FBI. i am currently in Canada. for FBI finger print do i need to send them fingerprint only on the D258 form (on paper using ink & roll ) or we can send the data using livescan/digital fingerprinting. ?? how digital finger print will reach to FBI ??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Queries said:
Hi All,
I was there in USA for approx 1 and half year so i would need to submit the PCC from FBI. i am currently in Canada. for FBI finger print do i need to send them fingerprint only on the D258 form (on paper using ink & roll ) or we can send the data using livescan/digital fingerprinting. ?? how digital finger print will reach to FBI ??
Have you checked this already? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
And do any of those examples include people who have a clean entry and exit timing of less than 6 months?

I'm sure your intentions are in the right place but let's try and make it less difficult for everyone. CIC respects it's own guidelines and that has been proven multiple times over. Applicants get rejected for not respecting CIC guidelines. And for no other reasons.

Of course, there is no harm in playing safe and recommending that as a strategy. But I would imagine that if there is an open and shut case of not having lived in a country for 6 months in a row, the question of PCC wouldn't arise at all.

Having said that, I totally understand where you are coming from and appreciate your well-meaning concern for a fellow PR traveler.
I still suggest him to proceed with FBI clearance to be in the safe side. If they request, it will push his process 4 months forward.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
I would also suggest proceeding with the request for the PCC. You can submit your application without before the deadline and if it is asked, you would have it available.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:
I would also suggest proceeding with the request for the PCC. You can submit your application without before the deadline and if it is asked, you would have it available.
HakikiKanada said:
I still suggest him to proceed with FBI clearance to be in the safe side. If they request, it will push his process 4 months forward.
Would your recommendation be the same if the member had lived there for exactly 5 months and 15 days? 5 months? 4 months?

The point is where to draw the line and start playing safe. CIC draws it at 6 months. And I believe applicants can stick with that line. Else there is nothing stopping anyone from recommending getting a PCC for every country that the PA has visited, just to be safe.

Just my $ 0.02.