+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI current Processing Times -- All you need to know..

avidha

Mar 22, 2018
Seems your crossed fingers did the trick. Received the report back today. Here's the history:
Dec. 22, 2017 Original paper application submitted by mail
Dec. 27, 2017 paper application received
March 9, 2018 called for status- told they were opening Nov. 28 mail
March 9, 2018 resubmitted by eDO
March 10, 2018 received email confirmation of eDO application
March 16, 2018 received email link to completed background check

And today was notified that a medical examination is required which can only be done by a certified provider. Not covered by my insurance of course- $451.00.

Win some, lose some, but moving forward!

Did you have to resubmit fingerprints or reference your paper application in any way? I am in a similar situation.

SmileyGuy

Mar 9, 2018
Did you have to resubmit fingerprints or reference your paper application in any way? I am in a similar situation.
You do NOT not have to resubmit fingerprints. You DO have to ask that they retrieve what you have already sent.

The way the new eDO system works is a bit convoluted, but it does make sense. Just follow the instructions included on the website. You have to start over and resubmit your application and payment online. You then forward the confirmation email from that resubmission/ payment to the email address provided on the FBI website.

Be sure to add and include the info they request from the original mailed application when you forward the confirmation email (your address, phone number, the service used to mail your original application and tracking number) This allows them to dig into the stack of mail and locate your original application. They will retrieve the fingerprint card you already sent from that submission.

If you included a cashier's check for payment (like I did) they will send that back to you. I received my original check about one week after I received the email with the link to the police certificate pdf.

If you originally paid with a credit card, they supposedly will issue a refund to the original payment card.

I simply created a forward of the confirmation email and included the following text above the forwarded message body:

Greetings-
I previously submitted a request for a FBI Background Check by mail on December 22, 2017. It was received on Dec. 27, 2017. Please accept this request to process electronically.

The original mailed request contained the following information:

Mailing address: your address and zip code here
Telephone number: use the number you included on your original application
Carrier service: US Postal Service Priority Mail (or whatever carrier you used)
Tracking number: be sure to send the tracking number so they can locate your original submission in their stack of mail

Please locate this request and use the fingerprint card enclosed with the application. I understand the original certified check enclosed with the application will be returned to me at the address above.

Thank you,

avidha

Mar 22, 2018
You do NOT not have to resubmit fingerprints. You DO have to ask that they retrieve what you have already sent.

The way the new eDO system works is a bit convoluted, but it does make sense. Just follow the instructions included on the website. You have to start over and resubmit your application and payment online. You then forward the confirmation email from that resubmission/ payment to the email address provided on the FBI website.

Be sure to add and include the info they request from the original mailed application when you forward the confirmation email (your address, phone number, the service used to mail your original application and tracking number) This allows them to dig into the stack of mail and locate your original application. They will retrieve the fingerprint card you already sent from that submission.

If you included a cashier's check for payment (like I did) they will send that back to you. I received my original check about one week after I received the email with the link to the police certificate pdf.

If you originally paid with a credit card, they supposedly will issue a refund to the original payment card.

I simply created a forward of the confirmation email and included the following text above the forwarded message body:

Greetings-
I previously submitted a request for a FBI Background Check by mail on December 22, 2017. It was received on Dec. 27, 2017. Please accept this request to process electronically.

The original mailed request contained the following information:

Mailing address: your address and zip code here
Telephone number: use the number you included on your original application
Carrier service: US Postal Service Priority Mail (or whatever carrier you used)
Tracking number: be sure to send the tracking number so they can locate your original submission in their stack of mail

Please locate this request and use the fingerprint card enclosed with the application. I understand the original certified check enclosed with the application will be returned to me at the address above.

Thank you,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Can you please also confirm this service is suitable to use for Non GreenCard/Non US Citizens ?

I am on H1B visa, nationality Indian.

yagarwalla

Mar 30, 2018
Seems your crossed fingers did the trick. Received the report back today. Here's the history:
Dec. 22, 2017 Original paper application submitted by mail
Dec. 27, 2017 paper application received
March 9, 2018 called for status- told they were opening Nov. 28 mail
March 9, 2018 resubmitted by eDO
March 10, 2018 received email confirmation of eDO application
March 16, 2018 received email link to completed background check

And today was notified that a medical examination is required which can only be done by a certified provider. Not covered by my insurance of course- $451.00.

Win some, lose some, but moving forward!
Do you need to complete this medical examination first to get the PCC? If you have already received the completed background check on 3/16, what is this medical examination for? If you go the eDO way is getting the medical examination pretty common?

SmileyGuy

Mar 9, 2018
The medical exam is completely separate from and has nothing to do with the Police Certificate. The exam is just another item to check off the long list of requirements for the immigration process.

It's mentioned on the website and in the paperwork. Some applicants need to have it done immediately, others, like me, are told to wait until instructed to have it completed.