+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI current Processing Times -- All you need to know..

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Here are the FBI processing times as of date...

Applied on 2nd Jan
Reached FBI 8th Jan
Mode - Direct (No channeler as CIC won't accept 3rd party)
CC Charged - 25th March.
Shipped to - Local US address for faster delivery.
Expecting report in a week to 10 days.

Some merchants do not accept Amex but FBI did. Thx..

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
My last FBI results took almost 3.5months - From Send to receive.
Planning to send my fingerprints this weekend to FBI. I have a scanned/photocopy of my last FBI results dated Dec-12-2014. I figure this is not good anymore. The original I send last year to CIC and never got it back when my application was returned. My hope it get ITA hopefully end of April or May and hope FBI report is back before the 60 days window to accept ITA is over. Currently my points is 437, hope to increase to maybe 455 after ECA

Has anyone noticed when you scan/photocopy the FBI letter it has VOID written all over in the background (watermark)?

MotorHed

Aug 28, 2013
I called Accurate Biometrics (an approved channeler) and they assured me that they would have results within 24 hours from the time I get them my fingerprints. Anyone have results consistent with that for the channelers?

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
MotorHed said:
I called Accurate Biometrics (an approved channeler) and they assured me that they would have results within 24 hours from the time I get them my fingerprints. Anyone have results consistent with that for the channelers?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted

MotorHed

Aug 28, 2013
shakashaka said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted
shakashaka - Thank you, you are right. I must have overlooked that on CIC's website which states:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted.

Just to confirm, I called their call centre today and was told the same on the phone. The representative stated that they are aware of the long FBI processing times and that I should attach documentation showing that the fingerprints have been sent to the FBI for processing and submit the permanent residence application. Then, send the FBI police certificates later.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
MotorHed said:
shakashaka - Thank you, you are right. I must have overlooked that on CIC's website which states:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted.

Just to confirm, I called their call centre today and was told the same on the phone. The representative stated that they are aware of the long FBI processing times and that I should attach documentation showing that the fingerprints have been sent to the FBI for processing and submit the permanent residence application. Then, send the FBI police certificates later.
This is good news, if CIC is allowing us to send FBI Certificates later. I hope this is applied consistently, that way we know for sure if we attach documentation to show we have applied for FBI cert, they would not say our application is incomplete.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
MotorHed said:

This is real good news that CIC is aware of the long delays in obtaining FBI clearance and allow to file PR with proof of FBI application submission.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
MotorHed said:

Hi - When you called CIC representative....are they ok with sending FBI PCC later? I got an ITA today and applied for FBI 6 weeks earlier. By the current trends , I might not get FBI with in 60 days. So what to do? What number to call the CIC?

Could you please let me known. Thanks.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
I have applied for FBI clearance on 3 March 2015. What if I receive ITA (in next couple months) and my FBI report is not yet arrived, will letting CIC know that application is pending with FBI work ? Is CIC aware on long waits for FBI reports, anyone been in this situation ?

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
MotorHed said:

Since the FBI PCC is done by mail what sort of documentation can we send across. As far as I have read, we need to fill out the application form and go to a local finger printing location (could be the local department) and get the finger prints taken.

So what exactly would one need to submit as proof to CIC?

Appreciate the effort of calling CIC and posting that information here!

Cheers!
Dan

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
The mail delivery receipt to FBI(fedex tracking), a copy of your application and if you credit card has been charged is what I am thinking in lines of supporting docs.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
beefdaniel said:
Since the FBI PCC is done by mail what sort of documentation can we send across. As far as I have read, we need to fill out the application form and go to a local finger printing location (could be the local department) and get the finger prints taken.

So what exactly would one need to submit as proof to CIC?

Appreciate the effort of calling CIC and posting that information here!

Cheers!
Dan
you need to send a proof that you sent fingerprints to the FBI for PCC

normally if you go to the police station to get the fingerprints done, they will ask you to fill a form.

1. Just take a copy of that form.
2. Copy of your submitted application
3. USPS / UPS / Fedex tracking number. If possible also send screenshot of the "delivered" notification from tracking services
4. Credit card charge scan or copy with date showing FBI debited your account

These are all the documents that I think should be sufficient to prove that you have are trying to get the PCC and delay is on the FBI side.

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
So my friend got an ITA but she doesn't have her police certificate of character from the FBI yet and they take three months. She wasn't expecting the ITA so soon since her score was 481 and the previous lowest score was over 700. I'm guessing the CIC doesn't give extensions on the 60 day deadline so I'm guessing it would be best to decline the ITA until she can get the PCC from the FBI. Anyone have any suggestions or experience in this situation?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
chasinglight said:
So my friend got an ITA but she doesn't have her police certificate of character from the FBI yet and they take three months. She wasn't expecting the ITA so soon since her score was 481 and the previous lowest score was over 700. I'm guessing the CIC doesn't give extensions on the 60 day deadline so I'm guessing it would be best to decline the ITA until she can get the PCC from the FBI. Anyone have any suggestions or experience in this situation?
Not required. She can send explanation letter and proofs such as fingerprinting form,courier etc and can submit the application.
I am also in the same boat and will do the same. Please read other post in this where in people called CIC and they are aware of this delay.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
Please keep us posted on how you'll be handling this situation.