Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi, I'm currently in US and my application was advice by CIO to proceed application to buffalo NY. I'm a family guy and my intension is to go first in canada and sponsor my spouse and kids later. Now one of the requirements is FBI clearance and it was stated as "ALL APPLICANTS" need to get a clearance. As far as i understand i'm the only one who need to secure the FBI clearance since i'm only applying for myself for PR.
Would this be the case? or I need to get both for me and my wife?

rgds,
vierx

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
vierx2007 said:
Hi, I'm currently in US and my application was advice by CIO to proceed application to buffalo NY. I'm a family guy and my intension is to go first in canada and sponsor my spouse and kids later. Now one of the requirements is FBI clearance and it was stated as "ALL APPLICANTS" need to get a clearance. As far as i understand i'm the only one who need to secure the FBI clearance since i'm only applying for myself for PR.
Would this be the case? or I need to get both for me and my wife?

rgds,
vierx
If you are apply by yourself, you are the only applicant. But I don't know whether you "have to" include your wife and kids into the application. I know several friends apply for himself when he's still single and postpone the wedding until everything's done.

ubisapiens

Feb 2, 2011
I'm living in USA my american visa expired 2 years ago, can I apply for the FBI Clearance??? (I have 7 years living in USA paying taxes but still, I am not a legal USA resident, I cant go back to my country (I expend my life on Venezuela but I never got the venezuelan citizenship, know I lost even the residency since I am being out of the country for more than 5 years), I don't even recall how is to live in my place of birth (Colombia) , this is a mess I don't even know if I should apply on Buffalo, Caracas - Venezuela or Bogota - Colombia

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
not to discourage you,but i am afraid if you can obtain fbi record..being in the country illegal.You need to provide your social security number when you apply for finger print

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
ubisapiens said:
I'm living in USA my american visa expired 2 years ago, can I apply for the FBI Clearance??? (I have 7 years living in USA paying taxes but still, I am not a legal USA resident, I cant go back to my country (I expend my life on Venezuela but I never got the venezuelan citizenship, know I lost even the residency since I am being out of the country for more than 5 years), I don't even recall how is to live in my place of birth (Colombia) , this is a mess I don't even know if I should apply on Buffalo, Caracas - Venezuela or Bogota - Colombia
My husband is also illegal in the US. He did not even come on a visa. He is from Nicaragua. We were able to get his FBI clearance with no problem. We actually went to a UPS store that does fingerprints and they did it for us and then sent it out. It came back clear. Also, we got the police report that were required for Nicaragua. That has not been a problem so far in our application.
We had to apply through Guatemala as we could not apply through Buffalo as he is not here legally.
Hope this helps.

MowSow

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2121+3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
PER 01-06-2011
IELTS Request
SENT W/APP
File Transfer...
RBVO 20-06-2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
DONE
LANDED..........
FEBRUARY 2015
ubisapiens said:
Yes don't worry you can get FBI records.
If you qualify to skilled worker, apply to CIO office and select Buffalo office.
You need to have entered legally to US and be legal for at least one year before falling out of status.
Still there is no 100% guarantee.

Dont_Give_up

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
22-05-2013
Med's Request
03/03/2015
Med's Done....
15/03/2015
javiernica said:
My husband is also illegal in the US. He did not even come on a visa. He is from Nicaragua. We were able to get his FBI clearance with no problem. We actually went to a UPS store that does fingerprints and they did it for us and then sent it out. It came back clear. Also, we got the police report that were required for Nicaragua. That has not been a problem so far in our application.
We had to apply through Guatemala as we could not apply through Buffalo as he is not here legally.
Hope this helps.
If your husband was ilegal then he didn't provide social security number right?

Thanks

Elneyo

Apr 24, 2012
They (FBI) only ask for the last 4 numbers of ur SSN, in this case I wrote the last 4 numbers of my ITIN number (tax number), and i sent a copy of my ITIN card, I hope this would be enough, even if u r illegal in USA u can get an ITIN number and open bank accounts, buy cars, etc. with it.

They only check if u had a criminal history or if u have arrest order. To be illegal is not part of the FBI office, that is thing of the migration office.