+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance Certificate Processing times

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in oct 2018. I wanted to plan and get my FBI clearance certificate before oct 2018 as I lived in states for more than a year. Is there anyone who applied for FBI clearance certificate and how long will it take to get that certificate?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
you can check the website for current processing times. The last i checked it was 12-16 weeks. good that you are planning ahead.

Hi friends,

I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in oct 2018. I wanted to plan and get my FBI clearance certificate before oct 2018 as I lived in states for more than a year. Is there anyone who applied for FBI clearance certificate and how long will it take to get that certificate?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
It took me thirteen (13) weeks to get mine (I applied for it in mid-July, & I received it in mid-October). I believe that it has a six (6) month validity period as far as IRCC's concerned, so ideally you'll want to receive your FBI pcc immediately before your mail-off your application with the original FBI pcc enclosed. Good luck. P.S. make sure that the person taking your fingerprints for the FBI knows what s/he's doing and has had experience in recording fingerprints up to the FBI's stringent standard.

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
It took me thirteen (13) weeks to get mine (I applied for it in mid-July, & I received it in mid-October). I believe that it has a six (6) month validity period as far as IRCC's concerned, so ideally you'll want to receive your FBI pcc immediately before your mail-off your application with the original FBI pcc enclosed. Good luck. P.S. make sure that the person taking your fingerprints for the FBI knows what s/he's doing and has had experience in recording fingerprints up to the FBI's stringent standard.
Hello where or who takes fingerprints for this? I mean, where do I go? Please help thank you I'm from Calgary btw

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Hello where or who takes fingerprints for this? I mean, where do I go? Please help thank you I'm from Calgary btw
I'm in SK so I just drove down into Montana to the nearest US police station to have my prints taken by their regular booking officer, then I mailed the card off with a USPS postal money order from the US post office that afternoon, before heading back up to SK. So I did everything in a quick lightning day-trip to MT. But I believe that there might now be a recently-introduced electronic way of submitting the FBI background check application which has come online since I did mine last summer. Check on the FBI's official website. Good luck.

bluejays2020

Mar 30, 2018
Hi friends,

There is a new online system and it takes only 3 to 5 days to get it done! But if you request a hard copy it will take about 2weeks to receive.

Current processing time for Identity History Summary requests submitted electronically is estimated to be three to five business days upon receipt of the fingerprint card. Allow additional time for mail delivery if this option was selected during the request process.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Reactions: ChippyBoy