+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fbi clearance cert status

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Anyone here needs the fbi clearance for visa application? I mail my package on 27june and until today no update and no progress. I called fbi n ask if they even receive my package n they said they cant reveal anything until 8 weeks later. Is this sound right to u? I cant even know if they got my application?
Please advisr thanks!!! I am deferring one semester already hopefully i dont have to do it again

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
I know how it feels man! I submitted mine on May 25th and they received it on June 1st. Last time i called them they were opening applications received from may 18th. I call them almost everyday to see where they have reached. They are excessively slow and this puts an impact on so many people like us who need it for CIC. My classes start from September 8th and I still haven't received the permit. What I don't understand is why can't CIC cross check data from FBI since they have access to some records. I spent 6 years of undergrad life in New York and came back to my home country and I understand very well that they need to verify my background, but come on FBI can process case specific cases but they don't. This is ridiculous and very stressful.

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Gosh did u ge your cert then? Why cant they just tell me whether or not they receive my package complete? I really hope they state this requirement clear enough for online application because this is not even being mentioned in my checklist until i submitted my visa application

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
offthebone said:
Guys, is FBI clearance cert mandatory for a study permit application?
Well i guess its depends on the situation.. Im from malaysia n i did my indergraduate in the states.. Thats y they want the cert from me.. They requested the clearance from malaysia as well

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Nope haven't received mine yet. Just called FBI and the lady said they are opening applications from May 24th so I am guessing few more weeks till I get mine. Crossed my heart and i'm not hoping to die!