+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Check NOW or LATER?

MuscleMan

Mar 25, 2013
So, My Spouse / sponsor being in Edmonton, me here in Los Angeles. I am just about ready to send all these forms in. So here is what I have left.

1. Medical exam- I am using the Physical exam doctor listed on the CIC's website for Los Angeles' area and am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon to have my physical completed and bloodwork etc. This is about 320 dollars I was told. Ok no big deal

2. Fingerprints and FBI Background check- can someone please help with this? I have searched this site and google like a mad man. After reading on the website that this can take between 14-18 weeks, my jaw dropped and couldn't believe this. Do I submit my package now, get that going and submit with the medical (like it says on the site) or do I really get the FBI fingerprinting and background check done? Her and I were just discussing how detailed this has become and I know its worth it but damn really?!

Did you guys submit, wait for a caseworker to request the fingerprints and background check? or did you guys wait and send everything in at once?

From what I understand, if its the latter, I need to go get fingerprints taken, once received, send that over the office listed on the site and request a background investigation? wait for that, then put that in my submission envelope?

Thank you in advance.

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
I have about the same question. I'm in Chicago and my hubby Ontario. I have my appt for my medical in a couple weeks and then all I need is my FBI clearence. I have a place in Chicago called accurate biometrics. They claim they can produce an FBI background check via live fingerprint scanning in a much shorter amount of time as well as my state certificate. I am going to call tomorrow and see if something like this is too good to be true. I am hoping not. We are set to file outland at the start of March. If we have to wait another 16-18 weeks it will throw a large wrench into our plans. Fingers crossed thats not the case. Has anyone else in the states used one of these FBI approved channelers and if so was there any issues?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Arielrose said:
I have about the same question. I'm in Chicago and my hubby Ontario. I have my appt for my medical in a couple weeks and then all I need is my FBI clearence. I have a place in Chicago called accurate biometrics. They claim they can produce an FBI background check via live fingerprint scanning in a much shorter amount of time as well as my state certificate. I am going to call tomorrow and see if something like this is too good to be true. I am hoping not. We are set to file outland at the start of March. If we have to wait another 16-18 weeks it will throw a large wrench into our plans. Fingers crossed thats not the case. Has anyone else in the states used one of these FBI approved channelers and if so was there any issues?
The company is a "Channeler" their FBI results are not accepted by CIC as it doesn't have the official FBI watermark. The FBI processing now is about 5-6 weeks as posted on their site.

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
Can they still be used for the fingerprinting or do i need to take the actual ink card down to my local police station and have them done the old fashioned way?

MuscleMan

Mar 25, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

The company is a "Channeler" their FBI results are not accepted by CIC as it doesn't have the official FBI watermark. The FBI processing now is about 5-6 weeks as posted on their site.
Thanks PMM- I just saw that on the site now. Question for you and others - On the "Request for Police Certificates / Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information" form. I submit this form along with the Fingerprint form TO the FBI Correct?

That being the case- it says that I list my current address in Canada (number, street, city, province etc) but I want this coming back to me and not Canada as I am not even there yet. Is this form what I really need to submit to FBI? Or what do I do with it?

thank you