+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI certificate for 5 months stay in USA - please share your experience

4ever

Mar 16, 2015
Dear All, really appreciate if you reply to my below message:

We got accepted to immigrate to Canada however, they asked for FBI certificate from USA although my wife stayed 5 months in Houston from 6/1/2012 - 11/2/2012. and applied for Asylum during this period.

• My wife left the USA and joined me to Middle East after receiving her intent to Deny • While in Qatar, by email we knew about the referral notice to immigration court - so she couldn't appear in front of the immigration Judge.
• We checked her A#2053xxxxx status on the federal immigration court phone number and the answer machine gives "result can't be revealed "
• I don't know how the Asylum office didn't know that both of us left on the same date and presumed my wife the only one who overstayed her visa (put her on removal proceedings) - may be because she is the main applicant
• we have sent new fingerprints from Middle East to the FBI office which I am sure they will find and match her record as they took her fingerprints in during Asylum in 2012
• We are concerned the FBI report will show an arrest warrant on my wife which will lead to Canadian immigration refusal.

Can you guide us please if not appearing before the immigration judge (US department of Justice) will result in conviction/charge or arrest warrant that will appear for sure on the FBI certificate?
Please remember that she didn't overstay as she left before the 6 months allowed period - but still forawdred her to immigration Judge (May they didn't check with the airport) because she we didn't close our Asylum and just left the US - Maybe !!