Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Hi , I posted this on the thread about FBI wait times and have tried searching but thought it might be worth posting here as well.

On the FBI site there is now an option for using FBI approved Channelers to request your FBI Certificate. It is much faster but more expensive. I don't mind the extra cost in exchange for speed since I just had my print rejected after waiting for 8 weeks. Does anyone know if this is a valid option for immigration? I have emailed both the FBI and the Visa office to inquire. No answer yet from the visa office of course but the answer from the FBI said it is fast, provides the same information, but is not authenticated. The CIC website says the letter just needs to be original - doesn't say anything about authentication or apostilling or such.

Anyone know or have any information on this? It is definitely a new option on the FBI site as it wasn't there when I submitted originally. If I ever hear from the visa office I will be sure to update. lol

*Sofia*

Oct 4, 2011
Hi, I saw that option of using FBI approved Channelers as well. I'm in the same boat and I hope this is a valid option. I will process mine through Accurate Biometrics this week and I hope it works. ???

Did you get any response from the Visa office ? Did it work in you case? Thanks for your input .

ww.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Procedures.html

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
I still don't know the answer to this. I contacted the Buffalo visa office and was basically told they can't assist me with the application process!!! lol What a mess. I am currently awaiting my snail mail results from the FBI (on my 8th week...after having to resubmit because they rejected my prints the first time).

From Buffalo office:
"Thank you for your enquiry. We regret that we are unable to provide individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form. You should follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any of the documents or information requested, please enclose a detailed letter of explanation when you submit your application."

From FBI: "Yes the same information would be sent out with the exception of it would not be authenticated. As long as you don't have to have an authenticated copy you can use this option and it is a lot quicker."

I went the traditional route because A) CIC doesn't mention anything about the Channeler option on their website and B) I am not sure if I need "authenticated" or not...I am assuming I do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

podkayne8 said:
I still don't know the answer to this. I contacted the Buffalo visa office and was basically told they can't assist me with the application process!!! lol What a mess. I am currently awaiting my snail mail results from the FBI (on my 8th week...after having to resubmit because they rejected my prints the first time).

From Buffalo office:
"Thank you for your enquiry. We regret that we are unable to provide individual counselling nor can we provide assistance in completing your application form. You should follow the instructions in the application kit. If you are unable to supply any of the documents or information requested, please enclose a detailed letter of explanation when you submit your application."

From FBI: "Yes the same information would be sent out with the exception of it would not be authenticated. As long as you don't have to have an authenticated copy you can use this option and it is a lot quicker."

I went the traditional route because A) CIC doesn't mention anything about the Channeler option on their website and B) I am not sure if I need "authenticated" or not...I am assuming I do.
You are correct. You can't use the Channeler option as you need the authenticated results for CIC.

toms911

Sep 9, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

You are correct. You can't use the Channeler option as you need the authenticated results for CIC.
I don't know if this answer makes any sense. The Channeler offices ARE authenticated by the FBI.

From one channelers site:FBI results will be sent to you along with a payment receipt. The FBI result/response is generated by Accurate Biometrics in accordance with the FBI issued “Channeler Requirements for the Departmental Order Process” dated June 10, 2011. Accurate Biometrics is required to print the criminal history response exactly as it is electronically received from the CJIS Division of the FBI.

In the event you have requested responses directly from the FBI in the past, you may have received the response on FBI letterhead. Channelers are prohibited from using FBI letterhead; however Accurate Biometrics is contracted with the FBI to provide the FBI response as a result of a Departmental Order request. The FBI has ensured that this modified format contains the same information as has been disseminated in the past pursuant to Departmental Order 556-73 requests. If you have any additional questions regarding the look of this new response, please feel free to contact the FBI customer service section at 304-625-5590 or Accurate Biometrics at 866-361-9944. Thank you for your business.

This is from the FBI website. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/fbi-approved-channelers

I still don't know if it will work though..

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Just in case anyone could use this help re: FBI channeler, thought I'd give my experience.

I'm a US citizen, hubbie is CA citizen. He is sponsoring me as permanent resident to Canada- outland application. I used an FBI Channeler to expedite the process. The first time, I mailed everything in and received the document within 1 week and mailed off to Buffalo. Since my package was lost in the mail, I had to provide this document a 2nd time. This time, I went in person and had my document same day. So, far no problems. They will accept the document from a channeler, but it has to be one approved, listed on their website. I paid only $34 for mine. Hope this info helps someone!

adamdm

Feb 24, 2012
Muffy: I'm slightly confused about contexts...

"The first time, I mailed everything in and received the document within 1 week and mailed off to Buffalo." -The first time you mailed what to where??? Fingerprints etc. to channeler? ...

"Since my package was lost in the mail, I had to provide this document a 2nd time."
-which package? Your whole immigration/sponsorship package??? On route to Mississauga or to Buffalo?

"This time, I went in person and had my document same day. So, far no problems."... To a channeler? -Getting your FBI Clearence Document?

"They will accept the document from a channeler,"
-CIC???

"but it has to be one approved, listed on their website."
- on the FBI website, i.e. an FBI approved channeler?

"I paid only $34 for mine. Hope this info helps someone!"

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
adamdm,

Sorry for the confusion. I was so excited to see that I might be able to offer some info for once, as this forum has been very helpful to me.

Once my sponsor's app was approved (originally sent to CIC), my pr app was sent to Buffalo. Medical received. I needed to submit the FBI clearance check and mail that back to Buffalo.

The first time (I had to do this twice as the first document I mailed to Buffalo was "lost in the mail"), I went to the local PD and was fingerprinted. Then, I mailed the fingerprints along with a form specific to this FBI channeler and mailed it to their offices. Within one week, I received the FBI report and mailed that off to the VO in Buffalo.

I had to go through the steps a 2nd time to mail out the FBI report to VO as, again, it was "lost in the mail". The 2nd time, I took my fingerprints (I was smart enough to receive two fingerprint cards the first time) and drove to the channeler's office as it was not far from me in order to obtain my FBI report that same day. Then, same day, took it and overnighted it via usps to VO, as I had only a couple days left before the 60 day deadline.

I don't see why anyone that would be eligible to use a channeler would not. It seems like the best way to go! Thankfully, I went through a company that either was not very "swamped" or gave consideration to my situation (with regards to being lost in mail the first time & having a deadline to meet) and helped me out.

adamdm said:
Muffy: I'm slightly confused about contexts...

"The first time, I mailed everything in and received the document within 1 week and mailed off to Buffalo." -The first time you mailed what to where??? Fingerprints etc. to channeler? ...

"Since my package was lost in the mail, I had to provide this document a 2nd time."
-which package? Your whole immigration/sponsorship package??? On route to Mississauga or to Buffalo?

"This time, I went in person and had my document same day. So, far no problems."... To a channeler? -Getting your FBI Clearence Document?

"They will accept the document from a channeler,"
-CIC???

"but it has to be one approved, listed on their website."
- on the FBI website, i.e. an FBI approved channeler?

"I paid only $34 for mine. Hope this info helps someone!"

hgudmund

Apr 23, 2012
Hello,

I need to get mine processed ASAP. Which channeler did you use? Were you able to do it remotely or did you have to appear in person at the channelers office? If remotely, how did you get the fingerprints taken / sent to them?

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I wish someone would notify everyone at CIC because I even called them and was told that I would be able to use a channeler. Sheeeeeesh. This does not surprise me. However, I will refrain from pure and utter terror and frustration until I hear from them. In the meantime, I'll just pray like crazy :)

PMM said:
Hi