+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI background check annoyance

mopata

Aug 18, 2005
USA
So we followed instructions and did the fingerprint/background check thing when we sent in our initial application. Now, over a year later, they want us to do it all over again, because the check is over a year old. Does anyone know why in hell they ask you to send this in if they're only going to have to ask you to do it again later on? Worse, there's now a ninety day time window, so if the FBI doesn't respond in time, we apparently just fall through the cracks.

In any case, if you're just starting on this, my suggestion is that you not bother with the FBI report until about a year after you send the initial application. Then go ahead and get it and hope the timing is good for when they finally get back to you and ask for the medical exams.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mopata said:
So we followed instructions and did the fingerprint/background check thing when we sent in our initial application. Now, over a year later, they want us to do it all over again, because the check is over a year old. Does anyone know why in hell they ask you to send this in if they're only going to have to ask you to do it again later on? Worse, there's now a ninety day time window, so if the FBI doesn't respond in time, we apparently just fall through the cracks.

In any case, if you're just starting on this, my suggestion is that you not bother with the FBI report until about a year after you send the initial application. Then go ahead and get it and hope the timing is good for when they finally get back to you and ask for the medical exams.
1. There is the possibility that you have been convicted since the PCC was sent in.
2. Since Buffalo is the only office that does not use Simplified Application it will only be a problem at that office, and if you submit w/o the FBI there is a good chance that they will return the appl as incomplete.

PMM

mopata

Aug 18, 2005
USA
Sorry if I gave out bad advice. Obviously if PMM says to do it a certain way, then that's definitely who you should be listening to.