+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Approved Channeler Experience in 2015?

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
As soon as any of you hear if your third party paper was accepted or not please let me know, and if you submitted before or after the change.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Pollen said:
As soon as any of you hear if your third party paper was accepted or not please let me know, and if you submitted before or after the change.
I'm still waiting to find out if mine was accepted, I submitted my report before the change.

Scooterpop

Jan 1, 2014
Well I must say I went thru an approved FBI Channeller in June of 2014 of which I was sent an email that
CIC does not accept approved channellers. So I spent the money to go thru one and was rejected by CIC and then had to redo my FBI background with new fingerprints etc. and wait 3 months from Virginia US to get it back via the snail mail and then send off to CIC in Ottawa.....

CIC changes its mind like they change their underwear..........

and we are all at their wim......

Apr 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Through Delhi)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/15
Passport Req..
02/10/16
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/16
LANDED..........
03/07/16
My advise is simply AVOID AVOID AVOID

just go through the FBI directly - will save you time and cost

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
ChicagoPunjabi said:
My advise is simply AVOID AVOID AVOID

just go through the FBI directly - will save you time and cost
It's all great advice, and common sense advice. BUT, for those of us who were caught in the 6 week window when their website CLEARLY said they would accept channeler reports. We are the ones who are waiting to find out if they will accept our reports, or if CIC will renege on what they had posted on their site.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150218074728/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

pascal19

Feb 17, 2015
saria1 said:
It's all great advice, and common sense advice. BUT, for those of us who were caught in the 6 week window when their website CLEARLY said they would accept channeler reports. We are the ones who are waiting to find out if they will accept our reports, or if CIC will renege on what they had posted on their site.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150218074728/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp
[/uote]

Hi guys,
I sent a certificate from channel before march,2015, CIC didn t answer me, I was safe to ask FBI channel and FBI directly the same time ( very expensive), when i receveid my original document from FBI, i forward to IC, the next week, I obtain DM. now Its 2 weeks, I waiting for landing from Montreal. So, Go directly to FBI. Good Luck

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Just to update, for those of you who submitted a channeler report between Jan 19th and March 9th. I learned from the MP today, that my husbands application was approved yesterday. So the channeler report was accepted. PHEW! It was my biggest concern.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
saria1 said:
Just to update, for those of you who submitted a channeler report between Jan 19th and March 9th. I learned from the MP today, that my husbands application was approved yesterday. So the channeler report was accepted. PHEW! It was my biggest concern.
That is wonderful news!!!!

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi guys.
I know I may not get any reply from this post too(!)! However, I want to know something.
Has any of you ever taken a report through a channeller, and you were a non US citizen or non permanent resident? My husband is an international student in the states.

It's so weird. I read in their website that we cannot get the report through channeller in we are "foreign nationals". But the secretary on the phone took my information and she booked an appointment for me.
Does anyone have any idea???

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibaak said:
Hi guys.
I know I may not get any reply from this post too(!)! However, I want to know something.
Has any of you ever taken a report through a channeller, and you were a non US citizen or non permanent resident? My husband is an international student in the states.

It's so weird. I read in their website that we cannot get the report through channeller in we are "foreign nationals". But the secretary on the phone took my information and she booked an appointment for me.
Why are you using a Channeler, when CIC is no longer accepting FBI IHSR's from any of them? He needs to submit fingerprint card(s) (two sets are suggested, in case there's an issue with one or more prints on the first card), with his fingerprints [obviously] directly to the FBI and wait the 11-13 weeks for the report.

Do NOT use a Channeler!

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
I am wondering how come this forum still exists!
Here, nobody answers questions. Everybody asks questions. But nobody answers them.
It's a miracle it's still working!
shibaak said:
Hi guys.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibaak said:
I am wondering how come this forum still exists!
Here, nobody answers questions. Everybody asks questions. But nobody answers them.
It's a miracle it's still working!
On second thought...Go ahead and use a Channeler and only send one fingerprint card. ;)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
saria1 said:
I also used a channeler and my app arrived March 4th, and my application went through faster than a snow cone melting in hell.

Ponga said:
On second thought...Go ahead and use a Channeler and only send one fingerprint card. ;)
Haha, some people have no patience. Maybe they should pay $500 buck an hour to a lawyer.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Ponga said:
Why are you using a Channeler, when CIC is no longer accepting FBI IHSR's from any of them? He needs to submit fingerprint card(s) (two sets are suggested, in case there's an issue with one or more prints on the first card), with his fingerprints [obviously] directly to the FBI and wait the 11-13 weeks for the report.

Do NOT use a Channeler!
Wow!
For the first time somebody answered! Thank you!!!
I know CIC does not accept them. Unfortunately, my husband and I assumed that it would not take that long for US police clearance. However, we recently found out that it does! So we decided that instead of declining the invitation, we would apply for a channeller and FBI. When the results of the channeller comes and we are close to the deadline, we would submit the channellers report + all the documentation that we have applied for FBI as well and we will ask for some more time.
In that case, they may accept to give us some time. The channellers are not invalid. CIC accepted them until 5 months ago. So, they may give us more time if we attach their report.
Now, do you by any chance know if it's just a regulation that: they should not do that for foreign nationals, but they do. Because I called one of them today to book an appointment and I said that my husband lives there but he wasn't a citizen or a Permanent resident of the US, and they didn't say anything. I am wondering maybe they just don't follow this rule.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Aquakitty said:
I also used a channeler and my app arrived March 4th, and my application went through faster than a snow cone melting in hell.

Haha, some people have no patience. Maybe they should pay $500 buck an hour to a lawyer.
Thank you for your answer.
I assume you are not a US citizen or PR.

Honestly, I trust forums like this more than lawyers. In forums like this you can share things, read other's experiences, become knowledgeable and decide. Lawyers always tell you they know everything and they are the best. Because they just want the money.
I learn a lot from the comments in these forums. But most often, I don't even get a reply. I havve to send private messages. Honestly, I didn't expect to receive any replies here!
Thank you anyway.