+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father's name included in the middle of my name in UAE's Police Clearance Certificate

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I requested for Dubai Police Clearance Certificate and received it today - however, they have included my father's name in the middle of my name. I think that's Middle East way of writing name because in my residence visa my name is written that way. However, in my Passport and in all other documents I don't include my father's name in the middle of my name.

My question is - is this acceptable for Express Entry purpose or not. In case not, what options do I have?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
KT

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I requested for Dubai Police Clearance Certificate and received it today - however, they have included my father's name in the middle of my name. I think that's Middle East way of writing name because in my residence visa my name is written that way. However, in my Passport and in all other documents I don't include my father's name in the middle of my name.

My question is - is this acceptable for Express Entry purpose or not. In case not, what options do I have?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
KT
Kunal thats OK. perfectly fine. Dubai Police will provide the PCC as per the name on your residence visa/EiD

Ginu5254

Dec 8, 2020
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
KT
Hi KT, I am facing the same issue now, they have added my fathers name along with my name in dubai police clearance. Did you get it corrected from dubai police or simply submitted what you got. If you did, did you have to submit a letter of explanation? How did you go about it?.
Thanks in Advance

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Hi KT, I am facing the same issue now, they have added my fathers name along with my name in dubai police clearance. Did you get it corrected from dubai police or simply submitted what you got. If you did, did you have to submit a letter of explanation? How did you go about it?.
Thanks in Advance
Hi Ginu, I submitted the police certificate as it is and included a letter explaining the Arabic naming convention. It was accepted without any issues. Good luck!