+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father name problem

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Is there any other information in those education documents that match information on your passport? For example date of birth or a national identity number? If the answer is yes, I really think an LOE that explains the misspelling and highlighting those other matching information is more than enough. At the end of the day according to cic they only care about the name in your passport even if it is misspelled in other documents. Checkout this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Look, it is very common to have different spellings when you translate non-english names. It is the same case when people translate Mohammed (Mohamed, Muhammed...etc).

I honestly believe you have nothing to worry about and if there is any issue they will definitely ask for an explanation. Don't let this issue stop you from progressing your application. That would be my advice.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
confused_aj said:
Is there any other information in those education documents that match information on your passport? For example date of birth or a national identity number? If the answer is yes, I really think an LOE that explains the misspelling and highlighting those other matching information is more than enough. At the end of the day according to cic they only care about the name in your passport even if it is misspelled in other documents. Checkout this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Look, it is very common to have different spellings when you translate non-english names. It is the same case when people translate Mohammed (Mohamed, Muhammed...etc).

I honestly believe you have nothing to worry about and if there is any issue they will definitely ask for an explanation. Don't let this issue stop you from progressing your application. That would be my advice.
Thanks for your advice. And the problem is not in my full name also the problem is just in my father's name.

vircan

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,
I have a problem of my father name.
My father name in my university degree certificate is vinesh kumar khanna
but on my passport, it is written as vinesh kumar.

So, i have a question about wes assessment and CIC regulations.
Will WES assess my father name as vinesh kumar khanna according to my degree certificate , or will it assess it as vinesh kumar as per my passport?

Or will wes create an objection?

Moreover, will CIC create some objection?

kindly help me in this regard as soon as possible because I have to send the transcripts to WES for ECA.

htjam

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
ok i have the same problem

my father's name is misspelled on my degree instead of muhammad it is muhammd

what should I do..

did you get your application processed??

SumayaQazi

Oct 3, 2018
Hi,
I have a problem of my father name.
My father name in my university degree certificate is vinesh kumar khanna
but on my passport, it is written as vinesh kumar.

So, i have a question about wes assessment and CIC regulations.
Will WES assess my father name as vinesh kumar khanna according to my degree certificate , or will it assess it as vinesh kumar as per my passport?

Or will wes create an objection?

Moreover, will CIC create some objection?

kindly help me in this regard as soon as possible because I have to send the transcripts to WES for ECA.
What happend with issues I am on same stage

MvJ96

Nov 29, 2018
Hello,
I have a problem with my father's name in some documents. My documents have my father's name as Vijaybhai. But on my brother's one document which I have submitted as a financial support has it as Vrajlal. So I am confused if I need to provide affidavit certificate or not?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
My sister applied for PR last year and she successfully got her PR. In both our passports and birth certificates our father's name is mentioned as Hassan with two s, but on his passport it's written with one s. In the family section post-ITA she included his passport name and no issue was raised by IRCC.
I'm about to submit my application as well and I'm not worried at all. It's obvious its the same person and since my sis was successful, I'm certain that this won't be an issue for me or anyone else.

MvJ96

Nov 29, 2018
My sister applied for PR last year and she successfully got her PR. In both our passports and birth certificates our father's name is mentioned as Hassan with two s, but on his passport it's written with one s. In the family section post-ITA she included his passport name and no issue was raised by IRCC.
I'm about to submit my application as well and I'm not worried at all. It's obvious its the same person and since my sis was successful, I'm certain that this won't be an issue for me or anyone else.
But what you have is a spelling mistake. In my case there are two different names. That's why I am worried.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
But what you have is a spelling mistake. In my case there are two different names. That's why I am worried.
Hm, well your brother could be a half brother (same mother only) and IRCC would still consider him a blood relative so having two different names for your father shouldn't be a case for rejection anyway. If you want peace of mind, you can attach an affidavit that mentions that your father goes by two names.