+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father in Canada on Super visa from India, US Visitor VISA required.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

My father (75+ Years) is with me here in Canada on Super Visa. I am a Permanent Resident here. My elder sibling is in the US on H1B and we want to meet him soon.

I wanted to know if my Father can apply for US Visa from Canada and what are the chances of rejection?

Also, would really appreciate if someone shares, first hand experience.

Thanks

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
ritz0106 said:
Hello Friends,

My father (75+ Years) is with me here in Canada on Super Visa. I am a Permanent Resident here. My elder sibling is in the US on H1B and we want to meet him soon.

I wanted to know if my Father can apply for US Visa from Canada and what are the chances of rejection?

Also, would really appreciate if some shares, first hand experience.

Thanks
Ritesh
. Hi I think he can certainly apply , I know someone who came with Supervisa then applied for USA visitor visa and she got 5 years multiple entry visa from Canada .

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great thanks for your reply. Was apprehensive because the Toronto US consulate website encourages applying for VISA from home country. It would really very helpful if more details can be shared....

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is in Canada and the 2 years have not yet expired then there is logic in applying here as he has a justified reason to apply from Canada and he will be coming back to Canada before the expiry of the super visa period. Otherwise I assume that the period is about to expire and he wants to visit his other son and spend some time there before going back to India. both these scenarios are straightforward and the application to visit US should proceed smoothly.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
ritz0106 said:
Great thanks for your reply. Was apprehensive because the Toronto US consulate website encourages applying for VISA from home country. It would really very helpful if more details can be shared....
. Hi as far I know , she wanted to attend a weeding in USA ,she did apply online then I think they called her for an interview, point to be noted that she can't speck English but only her native language, I think they gave her visa without any hassle, and before coming to Canada she never visited any other country, I would say she was lucky, that's what I know so far, you should try once from here, good luck

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifeedly said:
If he is in Canada and the 2 years have not yet expired then there is logic in applying here as he has a justified reason to apply from Canada and he will be coming back to Canada before the expiry of the super visa period. Otherwise I assume that the period is about to expire and he wants to visit his other son and spend some time there before going back to India. both these scenarios are straightforward and the application to visit US should proceed smoothly.
Thanks sir..Love your coding style answer. You should be in IT. :)

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alien_walkingalone said:
. Hi as far I know , she wanted to attend a weeding in USA ,she did apply online then I think they called her for an interview, point to be noted that she can't speck English but only her native language, I think they gave her visa without any hassle, and before coming to Canada she never visited any other country, I would say she was lucky, that's what I know so far, you should try once from here, good luck
Thanks I am getting some confidence now, trying once from here should not be a bad option. I tried to see if I could call the US consulate but it seems they just do not entertain phone inquiries...!!

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
ritz0106 said:
Thanks I am getting some confidence now, trying once from here should not be a bad option. I tried to see if I could call the US consulate but it seems they just do not entertain phone inquiries...!!
. .. You should apply ..dont think negative ..you can show them that your father is willing to see his son\daughter ..as he has Canadian visa I think it's not gona hard to get USA visa.. Moreover if he doesn't get it there is no harm . but I think he should get it ..don't ask here there rather try with confidence..I have seen my few relatives with US multipal visa they were refused to get Canadian one .just try dont listen to anyone.good luck

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends, I applied for my fathers US Visitor visa and we attended the meeting together he was given a yellow slip 221(g) stating that the visa need further administrative processing and it is still in the same state. Any suggestions please? I emailed the embassy but below was their reply :(

Thank you for your email regarding the status of your nonimmigrant visa application. We continue to monitor your case but unfortunately it remains pending. We will contact you as soon as we are able to continue processing your case to conclusion.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
ritz0106 said:
Hello Friends, I applied for my fathers US Visitor visa and we attended the meeting together he was given a yellow slip 221(g) stating that the visa need further administrative processing and it is still in the same state. Any suggestions please? I emailed the embassy but below was their reply :(

Thank you for your email regarding the status of your nonimmigrant visa application. We continue to monitor your case but unfortunately it remains pending. We will contact you as soon as we are able to continue processing your case to conclusion.
Take it easy and be positive. Hopefully he will get approved.
Good luck