+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father as retired and Mother as a home maker Canada TRV Application Queries

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

I need a small help regarding my parents' visitor visa application, which I'll be applying shortly. Please help me with the below queries:

1) My father has transferred his complete business ownership to my younger brother's name a few years back. Now he is retired and given our business property on rent for last 1 year. The rent received from that property is his source of income. and there is no rental agreement made as the property is rented out to our known. The rent received from that property is his source of income in the cheque mode.

Can I show this as his current source of income?? Additionally, I'll attach his last 2 years Income Tax Returns and bank statements of rent received with the application.

2). If we show occupation as "retired" then in the document section do we have to upload any document
related to the retirement. I don't have such document as my father used to have his own business., where pension is not applicable.

3) Showing father as retired make a positive impact on the application or not?

Please help me out with the above queries.

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. So your father isn’t working for your brother in the business after all. Yes he can state rental income and should show monthly deposits of rental amount if possible.
2. Retired but you can add that they supplement their income with rental income. No proof of retirement is necessary.
3. You have no choice he is retired. Lying has an impact on your application.

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
Hi @canuck78,

I have mentioned the last 10 years of employment of my father as a Businessman and now he is retired as discussed above. My father has rented his commercial land to 3 different lessees, from where he is earning rent as a source of income. Now, what shall I mention under his occupation/activity in the visa application form?
1. Do I have to show my father as "retired" or "Lessor" under his current occupation/activity section in the visa application form?
2. All 3 lessees have provided 8 months cumulative rents at one go via cheques rather than on a monthly basis, which my father has deposited in his savings account. Do I have to mention this in my SOP that these 3 cheques were collected and deposited as rents from 3 lessees? This will clear the doubt that this wasn't borrowed from anyone to show the funds.

Please advise.
Thanks

@canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78,

I have mentioned the last 10 years of employment of my father as a Businessman and now he is retired as discussed above. My father has rented his commercial land to 3 different lessees, from where he is earning rent as a source of income. Now, what shall I mention under his occupation/activity in the visa application form?
1. Do I have to show my father as "retired" or "Lessor" under his current occupation/activity section in the visa application form?
2. All 3 lessees have provided 8 months cumulative rents at one go via cheques rather than on a monthly basis, which my father has deposited in his savings account. Do I have to mention this in my SOP that these 3 cheques were collected and deposited as rents from 3 lessees? This will clear the doubt that this wasn't borrowed from anyone to show the funds.

Please advise.
Thanks

@canuck78
He is retired. His renting as passive income. You can mention he rents commercial space.