+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fastest way to get Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

cracked

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
How long does it take to get a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? I've looked at the websites, WES has the fastest processing time, but it is still "within 20 business days" after all documents are received. How long does it take in practice? If I chase them will they do it faster?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
WES is the popular choice but very slow in my experience.

They take 3-4 days to reply to messages sent via the webform. After listening to hold music for over 30 minutes, I still never managed to speak to a real person.

Please let me know how you plan to chase them. If you are successful in chasing them, I will use your tricks and chase them successfully.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
12 Dec: Created an account and paid the fees
24 Dec: Sent my degree + transcript
28 Dec: Documents reached WES
8 Jan: WES acknowledged receiving the documents (Status changed to review in progress)
Status changed to Evaluation in progress a few days later, which usually means that your documents are complete. They quote 20 business days to complete the evaluation.
13 Feb: ECA was ready.

So took about 2 months for me.

Reactions: KabirMoho

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
xpressentry said:
WES is the popular choice but very slow in my experience.

They take 3-4 days to reply to messages sent via the webform. After listening to hold music for over 30 minutes, I still never managed to speak to a real person.

Please let me know how you plan to chase them. If you are successful in chasing them, I will use your tricks and chase them successfully.
I listened some classical music forover 20 minutes today ( and yes I called from overseas...)...annnddd I managed to talk to someone, I was actually quite stunned for 2 seconds because I actually had heard someone !!!... basically what she told me was to be patient.... well that was the most expensive 20 minutes to hear only this so you are not loosing anything :)

They dont reply their e-mails.... I sent them maybe 3 and never got an answer...

kyuuan

Nov 30, 2016
Although I used Wes for my ECA, it took more than 1 month including shipping to receive the ECA report. As I read on the forum, I believe IQAS has much better processing time - at 10-13 days compared to 20 days from Wes. Please look up more about IQAS

richard83

Mar 4, 2017
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
IQAS is faster apparently and is claiming to provide report within 15 business days of receipt of documents

The biggest plus is that I could reach through to a helpful human in IQAS both times that I tried to.

Compare this to never being able to reach through to WES contact centre or get a straight reply from their feedback form, I am going with IQAS

Reactions: desmat

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,I need to get my ECA report from one of the those institutions. According to your experience, which would you recommend me ? Thank you in advance

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you , I have just received mi technical degree and want to get the certificate ASAP to update my EE profile ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Seems like most people in this forum go through WES or IQAS for doing their ECA.
I did my ECA through CES and they took almost 5 months to complete my ECA. (I applied in early Jan 2017 and I got my ECA done in the mid of May 2017). I still do not know why they took so long like that.
Probably that is why WES is the most popular due to their fast processing time, although I am not sure about their accuracy - seems like many people here are not satisfied about their result from WES.

Reactions: Eli31

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
I got my ECA from ICES in flat 10 days. evaluation of the degree was in 1 week and then courier took around 2 days.

Plus the best advantage is you can send the documents via email rather than courier or post which is excellent in today's world.

Tanmai

Abhishek0410

May 4, 2018
y
I got my ECA from ICES in flat 10 days. evaluation of the degree was in 1 week and then courier took around 2 days.

Plus the best advantage is you can send the documents via email rather than courier or post which is excellent in today's world.

Tanmai

you got your wife's icfp diploma assessed from ICES or CES

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Hey I applied for wes evaluation too..i applied for transcripts from my university only last week and in no case the transcripts would have reached wes by now as the university had said that they would dispatch transcript on 29th of may, but my wes status shows ‘in progress- we are reviewing your documents’. What could that mean? I m worried if i did something wrong as i applied myself for this.

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018

Tanmai
Hi Tanmai!
I am a newbie and trying to find the best ECA organization right now! That is a surprisingly great processing time, especially considering that ICAS takes 6months for the same. Did you send the documents via email yourself or did you university do it for you?

Best,
Sravani