+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fastest route to Canada

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hello,

i have a pending immigrant status application(filed in 2005, i got a letter from the embassy last december '08 asking me if i am still interested in pursuing, i replied in the affirmative, havent heard from them since.), i am also expecting my working visa anytime soon ( i pursued the dual intent policy ). Unfortunately, i will be working under a semi-skilled category thus I cannot get an open work permit for my wife..My question is:

1. Can my wife who is now a registered nurse (which falls under the 38 new categories) re- apply as the principal applicant? will it not complicate our previous application?

2. Is this the way to go? I just want to try all possible avenues to bring my family to Canada. Thank you for your opinion.

@yourservice

Feb 16, 2009
Here are my thoughts (I am not expert on anything, these are just my personal thoughts)

1) Wait for your temporary work permit and proceed once you have received it
2) Your wife should apply for an immigrant visa under the skilled worker program directly through hospital HR departments.

By doing these, you would be working and earning income for the family while your wife for her application to be processed. Hopefully within two year period - something good will happen.