+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fastest Processing (AINP vs Federal vs Temp work Permit)

agni77

Jan 16, 2010
I am currently in US experiencing the H1b extension/green card processing time-bomb. To give a little background, my employer in US just filed for 7th year H1b extension and my perm was filed in june 09. Given the US circumstances, I'm considering immigration to Canada like thousands of others in similar situation.

I'm a little late on the curve and should've acted on this earlier. For the sake to speediness I'm contemplating the best way to go in terms of the type of application. I've a master's in civil engineering from the US and 6+ experience here in US. I'm thinking either to apply for the federal skilled worker class or the AINP program for H1b holders. Need to know which process is faster. Both have their merits but limited to being employable just in Alberta seems limiting. On the other hand, if the processing time is significatly faster, it seems very attractive to me. Also considering temporary work permit to enter and find a job there and apply for green card.

People going (or gone) thru similar dilemmas/situations please suggest. Also would like to hear from people about effective ways of job hunting with my skills/experience.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Apply for Alberta AINP since Alberta is still taking Civil Engineers for permanent residence. However, I think they are giving priority to candidates who have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer - without that it might be a very long process.

If you are applying as a Civil Engineer - dont apply to FSW because you will get rejected - Civil Engineer is not on the 38 list I guess.

But if you are applying in IT for FSW - make sure that you qualify under NOC 0213 (Computer Managers) - the only IT profession eligible for Canadian Immigration under FSW.

Other option would be to get a Job Offer from a Canadian Employer and then apply for Permanent Residence.

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am a new member, I have recently registered but I have been reading all posts for a month now. I read it to get information on how things are being processed at various posts. I work for an immigration consultant myself in Vancouver and it helps me learn. I have also applied for sister in law at New Delhi Office, We are waiting for her to get her visa back any time soon now.

I think there is some misunderstanding with some of us here. It is true that if you are not under the NOC list you are ineligible to apply but also, you have to find ways to fit under the NOC. if you are Civil engineer but you have workd in a construction company or a s Construction Manager you can still qualify to apply under 0711. Same is with electrical engineers, sometimes if you have some hands on electrical experience, you may qualify.

These things may not be known to a normal person who only sees the list and a guideline. But there are ways to play around. Of course it may not apply to all, but may also help some.

I hope this helps some people and they can find out some way to apply.

Good Luck.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Thanks Sahej for that wonderful insight and that is what this forum is meant for,sharing views,getting better understanding and also a learning school.I hope were are all learning cos I am.Information and knowledge is power.

Ig