Nov 19, 2010
Newtownards N Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:'(
Is there any other vo slower than London?? Applicants like us who applied in 2007 have been seriously disadvantaged by the fast
track program! I see posts on this forum who applied in Jan this year and within 3 months have had their docs requested and more and yet nothing is happening on ours!! Their objective of bringing down the backlog obviously isnt working!!
We have docs checked by consultants waiting and waiting and waiting.....
Screaming in frustration!!

faisal123

Jul 23, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
0213, 4131
App. Filed.......
May 2009
LANDED..........
Nov 18th, 2012
No. Absolutely not dear, fast track has not disadvantaged other applications who have long been in backlog because fast track itself is just a name change for the same application process that took 4-5 years, particularly from Pakistan.

canada1day

Mar 31, 2010
Cliffy, I totally agree with you...If this stupidness about fast track wasn't in place then people from the backlog would have long been processed.
They were placed as priority over the people that have been waiting the longest.

It is sometimes so frustrating hearing them pine over how long they've waited when people are there in the queue from as far back as 2003.

Fast track thing messed us up big time!

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I think we are missing Buffalo :D

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
canada1day said:
Cliffy, I totally agree with you...If this stupidness about fast track wasn't in place then people from the backlog would have long been processed.
They were placed as priority over the people that have been waiting the longest.

It is sometimes so frustrating hearing them pine over how long they've waited when people are there in the queue from as far back as 2003.

Fast track thing messed us up big time!
fast track is beneficial to all. you people should be clever enough to have withdrawn your applications under old system and re-applied under fast track. some people have done that and they have 2 applications in process one under old system and other under fast track, whichever comes first.

canada1day

Mar 31, 2010
Wxy..: if most persons had that option I'm sure they would have been clever to have taken that route..It goes to show how much you know about the process..

Please highlight for the persons as myself who is not as clever as yourselves what are the true benefits of the fast track....???

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
canada1day said:
Wxy..: if most persons had that option I'm sure they would have been clever to have taken that route..It goes to show how much you know about the process..

Please highlight for the persons as myself who is not as clever as yourselves what are the true benefits of the fast track....???
you can apply under fast track even if your old application is in process under old rules??? i know people who have done that ??? ??? it is not written anywhere that if your old application is in process you can't apply aunder fast track

canada1day

Mar 31, 2010
Seriously clever one????? You can only submit an application for fast track if you have performed any job listed under the list of 39 (at the time) now recently condensed list of ocuupations. Sadly, for myself and majority of the seemingly cleverless people we were quite unfortunate to not have our occupations listed.

I too know a lot of folks that did it but its not an option viable to everyone.

Cliffy, again, I sharethe sentiments that it seem only us backloggers know too well.....Fast track sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
canada1day said:
Seriously clever one????? You can only submit an application for fast track if you have performed any job listed under the list of 39 (at the time) now recently condensed list of ocuupations. Sadly, for myself and majority of the seemingly cleverless people we were quite unfortunate to not have our occupations listed.

I too know a lot of folks that did it but its not an option viable to everyone.

Cliffy, again, I sharethe sentiments that it seem only us backloggers know too well.....Fast track sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
buddy that is your bad luck that you did not fall under 38 categories but good luck to you anyway

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
fast track is beneficial to all. you people should be clever enough to have withdrawn your applications under old system and re-applied under fast track. some people have done that and they have 2 applications in process one under old system and other under fast track, whichever comes first.
I am one of those clever enough guys who applied twice. once under the Pre-Feb2008 rules and again under the Post-June2010 rules, and both applications are still in the freezer because of the stupid fast track system that caused further backlog, affecting everyone except the lucky few who got the visa in 6 months. It has nothing to do with cleverness my friend, it's just plain luck.

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
asaif said:
I am one of those clever enough guys who applied twice. one under the Pre-Feb2008 rules and again under the Post-June2010 rules, and both applications are still in the freezer because of the stupid fast track system that caused further backlog, affecting everyone except the lucky few who got the visa in 6 months. It has nothing to do with cleverness my friend, it's just plain luck.
but your fast track application will still be processed faster than your old pre-feb 2008 application. my sympathies are with those guys whoose applications are stuck and in backlog and i wish them luck in near future but in my case i would never had applied for any immgration if fast track wasn't there.i knew from my friends before under old system it took them 4-6 years to get PRR so i was never gonna go for old system.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
but your fast track application will still be processed faster than your old pre-feb 2008 application. my sympathies are with those guys whoose applications are stuck and in backlog and i wish them luck in near future but in my case i would never had applied for any immgration if fast track wasn't there.i knew from my friends before under old system it took them 4-6 years to get PRR so i was never gonna go for old system.
And here is the irony my friend. The fast track system was supposed to clear the backlog by restricting the number of applicants while giving priority to the people having the skills needed by Canada. But instead, it encouraged people who would otherwise not apply for immigration to do and caused a new backlog. Introducing a new system (with cap on applications inflow) is just a recognition that the fast track system has failed to achieve its objectives.

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
asaif said:
And here is the irony my friend. The fast track system was supposed to clear the backlog by restricting the number of applicants while giving priority to the people having the skills needed by Canada. But instead, it encouraged people who would otherwise not apply for immigration to do and caused a new backlog. Introducing a new system (with cap on applications inflow) is just a recognition that the fast track system has failed to achieve its objectives.
but it is appreciated everywhere, even canadian government came up saying they have escalated the immigration process, i saw in news it was everywhere praising fast track seriously when it was launched

cliffy

Nov 19, 2010
Newtownards N Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
All very well but that means 2 lots of application fees and we have already spent a lot of money! and no guarantee of success either!!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
cliffy said:
All very well but that means 2 lots of application fees and we have already spent a lot of money! and no guarantee of success either!!
but cliffy if you fall under 38 listed nocs or 29 which is now i think you should have gone for that. if your fast track processes quicker you can withdraw old one and refund your fees. but its entirely upto you what you want to do and do not forget my sympathies are with those who are stuck in back log. good luck to you.