+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since it is easier for an RN to get licensed in Canada as an LPN than an RN, I would say yes.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Right now u cant apply as RN. You can still apply as LPN if your duties match with the duties stated in ocupational structure for LPN

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=3&val1=3233

3233 Licensed Practical Nurses
Licensed practical nurses provide nursing care usually under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, companies, private homes and community health centres. Operating room technicians are included in this unit group.

Example Titles
certified nursing assistant (CNA)
licensed nursing assistant
licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
operating room technician
registered nursing assistant (R.N.A.)
registered practical nurse (R.P.N.)

Main duties

Licensed practical nurses perform some or all of the following duties:
•Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
•Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection
•Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
•Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
•Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
•Monitor patients' progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team
•Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
Operating room technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
•Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing the patients' operative areas
•Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
•Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments.

Saudi

Dec 24, 2010
Maaties said:
So one thing you may have to be careful. When you get PR and they stamp it in your passport, the people at Saudi airport can see that you are immigrating to Canada. You should be careful of this.
Yes I'm aware of that too... lack of freedom (I guess I should apply as a refugee!).

I'll contact the canadian embassy in Saudi Arabia soon by phone or email just to know if Saudi citizens will have issues with their gov't if they decided to immigrate....hope they'll advise me with something.

Saki: Thanks a lot of your advices... I really appreciate it

sheila121

Jul 29, 2010
NOC Code......
7213 and 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
not yet
I have applied for permanent residence federal skilled worker on 10 of June, via the NOC 4121 and 7213 . and now I am preparing my documents to send to visa office . I have worked experience in 7213 for 3 years full time and in NOC 4121 I have experienced one year as a full time professor and 6 mounts as an part time professor, since my brother lives in Canada , I am above the 67 score , But I made a mistake , I was assisting the professor while I was educating for 4 years as a part time job, I mentioned them in my form schedual3,just to show my activity during education ,and I thought it means assistant professor with NoC 4121 , Now I understand it was teaching assistant with 4122 NOC, should I change it now??or should I write a cover letter that written it means professor's assistant or who assists the professor ??
what shroud I do ???
I heard if I correct the NOC the officer will reject the case with out interview??
How can I inform the best way ?
P Lease help me ....

shailendra

Dec 30, 2010
what is the ielts score for canadian experience class .im working asa cook in canada calgary.i got 5 ( speking 5 reading 5.5 listining 4.5 writing 4.5) please help me

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shailendra said:
what is the ielts score for canadian experience class .im working asa cook in canada calgary.i got 5 ( speking 5 reading 5.5 listining 4.5 writing 4.5) please help me
If your writing or listening was .5 higher, you would pass. If you look at the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5609E.PDF on page 6, you will see this:
If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Level B of
NOC, your test results must match the CLB/NCLC below (see chart):
o 5 or higher for each of those abilities, or
o 4 for any one of those abilities, 5 or higher for any other two of
those abilities and 6 or higher for the remaining ability.
You find the table they are talking about on page 7 and there you see that CLB 5 is S,L,W=5.0 and R=4.0. Your speaking is ok but your listening and writing is a level too low. Your reading is a level above what it has to be so that makes up for one of the abilities that is too low but that means you still have one ability that is too low.

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
Hi everyone,
First of all, happy new year.

I appreaciate if someone could tell me if it is ok if I use liquid paper to erase the mistake I made or I must keep the applicatin form clean from mistaken?
I am also thinking to complete the application form directely then print out when done and at some part I have to fill in by hand writing? Is this ok? Has anyone gone through this and has no problem with the immigration???

Please advice. Thanks
Jessica

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Jbong said:
Hi everyone,
First of all, happy new year.

I appreaciate if someone could tell me if it is ok if I use liquid paper to erase the mistake I made or I must keep the applicatin form clean from mistaken?
I am also thinking to complete the application form directely then print out when done and at some part I have to fill in by hand writing? Is this ok? Has anyone gone through this and has no problem with the immigration???

Please advice. Thanks
Jessica
Dear Jbong,
If u make any mistake then there are 3 ways to correct it :
1. Cross out the word & then write down the correct word.you must write down your initial(signature) beside the correction if you do so.
2. Use liquid fluid to erase the mistake(no need to write down your initial)
3. Best option: Discard that page and fill in that page again
You can either fill in the form directly and then print it out(Most applicants did this) or You can print out the form first and then fill it in using a
Black pen.
Regards,
Dr.Hasib

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
Thank you for your reply Dr H.

I am a Registered Nurse by profession. Since the RN has reached the quota, can I apply under LPN?
What are the chances of me getting the PR status?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jbong said:
I am a Registered Nurse by profession. Since the RN has reached the quota, can I apply under LPN?
What are the chances of me getting the PR status?
If your job description matches the one of an LPN here somewhere above, then you can apply under LPN. That doesn't necessarily have to be your current job description. It is enough that you have at least one year of such an experience in the last 10.

If your job description fits that of an LPN and you have at least 67 points on the self assessment, your chance of getting PR are very good.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
I want to know what is the advantages for Qubac immigration instead of FSW ?

Any idea.. ?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
mayankpandya said:
I want to know what is the advantages for Qubac immigration instead of FSW ?

Any idea.. ?
You must have French language proficiency if u want to migrate to Qubec....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a job offer for Quebec and the points system is different. You may qualify for Quebec when you don't qualify for FSW or the other way around. If you go in through Quebec, you must land there and it would be advisable to stay there for a while.

Immigration has recently started to go after PNP applicants who land in a province other than their PNP province and either admit they have no intentions to live there or immigration believes they have no intentions to live there. Some of these people have had their PR visa invalidated as they arrived in Canada instead of being allowed to land as a PR. Other people have been put under surveilance by immigration to see if they actually go to their PNP province to settle there.