+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family

Worried and Confused!

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all
First of all, I would just like to say, thanks to all of you on this forum. Without you all, I would have found it almost impossible to fill in my forms! I have found almost all my information through here. I am planning to put my application in tomorrow ;D, however, I just have one last question...
Just a quick background, I am the applicant, applying outland, but living in Canada with my Canadian partner. I do not have any children and either does he. Do I need to provide details of my family? i.e. Mum, sisters etc and all their passport details etc and passport photographs of them?
Thanking you all
Laura

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On your PR application form (IMM 0008), you do not list your mom and sisters because if you read the small print above that section for relatives, you will see that it is only for spouse/children who are not already PR or citizens and are going in on the same application. There is another form called additional family information (IMM5406) where you will list the names and birthdates of your parents and siblings as well as their addresses but without passport information or passport photos.

Both of these forms can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Poetic

Star Member
Sep 22, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview!!!
Passport Req..
25-10-2010
No you don't. Family is just you and your husband.

I'm in the same situation as you, we're applying outland while both living in Canada..hope it all goes smooth for you guys and good luck girl!

Worried and Confused!

Apr 9, 2010
That's why I love this forum, such quick responses! Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of Leon and Lois. And good luck to you too Poetic!

Not so worried and confused anymore! ;)

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Lois Lane said:
Leon is right of course! you dont on one form but you have to on the other
I was going to say the same thing. For a spousal application a family is spouse and dependant children, so it's only the Additional Family Members form you need to mention other relatives (no passports, no medicals, etc). My husband has so many brother's and sisters (half and step from his parents previous marriages) that he had to attach an additional form.