+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family visitor visa was rejected

EleeRoy

Nov 10, 2021
Hi,
I applied for a visitor visa for my brother, unlikely he was rejected. He has family , business in Iran and just wanted to come here to visit my family and me. I am wondering if you have any services for this pls. Just to let you know I attached all supporting documents with his application.

Thanks

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Hi,
I applied for a visitor visa for my brother, unlikely he was rejected. He has family , business in Iran and just wanted to come here to visit my family and me. I am wondering if you have any services for this pls. Just to let you know I attached all supporting documents with his application.

Thanks
So sorry to hear that
What was your timeline and reasons for refusal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Thanks
What were the reasons for refusal? How long was visit? Does he show his own funds? Does he have travel history? If you post reasons, people can assist you. As for services, you can hire an immigration lawyer (forum moderators) or consultant but you still need to address refusal reasons.

EleeRoy

Nov 10, 2021
So sorry to hear that
What was your timeline and reasons for refusal?
thanks for your reply . I applied on early Oct and he was rejected late Oct right after biometric . The reason was general .The officer wasn't satisfied that he will back to Iran after his visit . They mentioned his tie here is more stronger than Iran .his family , parents and other sibling all live in Iran . Only I live here in Canada. I didn't understand how the tie here is more stronger though !

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for your reply . I applied on early Oct and he was rejected late Oct right after biometric . The reason was general .The officer wasn't satisfied that he will back to Iran after his visit . They mentioned his tie here is more stronger than Iran .his family , parents and other sibling all live in Iran . Only I live here in Canada. I didn't understand how the tie here is more stronger though !

Thanks
- What evidence did he provide to show his proof of ties to Iran?
- How long a trip did he request and what funds did he show to support his trip?
- Does he have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
- How did you get your PR status in Canada? Through which program?

EleeRoy

Nov 10, 2021
- What evidence did he provide to show his proof of ties to Iran?
- How long a trip did he request and what funds did he show to support his trip?
- Does he have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
- How did you get your PR status in Canada? Through which program?
- I did provide the certificate of his child and wife , marriage certificate and information of his parents and siblings and also a business license
- I asked for 1 month - I did provide docs for his house in Iran , 3 months bank statement and his bank asset as of that time
- No
- I'm Citizen for 7 years , working here and right now student too

Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- I did provide the certificate of his child and wife , marriage certificate and information of his parents and siblings and also a business license
- I asked for 1 month - I did provide docs for his house in Iran , 3 months bank statement and his bank asset as of that time
- No
- I'm Citizen for 7 years , working here and right now student too

Thanks again
Did you get PR through either spousal sponsorship or an economic immigration program?

How much exactly did he show in available funds?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry I forgot to mention , Quebec skilled worker
I see no issues there.

Order the GCMS notes as a next step to see the details behind the refusals. Then you will get a better idea of how you need to strengthen the application.

EleeRoy

Nov 10, 2021
Are these his funds so he has $75K in his bank account? He will want to order GCMS notes to see full reasons for refusal.
yes he has . I already applied for GCMS notes . Unlikely because of COVID the process is very long . several months
thanks

EleeRoy

Nov 10, 2021
I see no issues there.

Order the GCMS notes as a next step to see the details behind the refusals. Then you will get a better idea of how you need to strengthen the application.
I already applied for GCMS notes . Unlikely because of COVID the process is very long . several months
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any lawyer in Campbell cohen can help me with that? I mean after I get my GCMS ?
Thanks
You will need to contact them direct if you want their help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already applied for GCMS notes . Unlikely because of COVID the process is very long . several months
thanks
GCMS notes take about 30 days. He doesn’t want to rush another application without knowing full reasons for refusal.

Last edited: