+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visit from Pakistan

Shahzaib.ss

Sep 15, 2020
My brother is a Canadian citizen and sponsoring me for a family visit. my parents and sister also live there. I need clarification on the following.
1) I don't have a family name, my name is Shahzaib. I need clarification on what to fill in the family name tab in 5257e form. If I add my name in the given name tab as mentioned on the passport then what to fill in the family name.
2) Back in 2011, my brother sponsored me family immigration my other family members were given permanent residency but mine got rejected. What was the reason i don't exactly remember plus I have given medical examination but don't exactly remember about biometric. now they are asking about any biometric examination in the last 10 years what to write.
3) What to attach in Proof of financial support. My brother mentioned he will support me. Should I attach my bank statement employment slip or his slips?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother is a Canadian citizen and sponsoring me for a family visit. my parents and sister also live there. I need clarification on the following.
1) I don't have a family name, my name is Shahzaib. I need clarification on what to fill in the family name tab in 5257e form. If I add my name in the given name tab as mentioned on the passport then what to fill in the family name.
2) Back in 2011, my brother sponsored me family immigration my other family members were given permanent residency but mine got rejected. What was the reason i don't exactly remember plus I have given medical examination but don't exactly remember about biometric. now they are asking about any biometric examination in the last 10 years what to write.
3) What to attach in Proof of financial support. My brother mentioned he will support me. Should I attach my bank statement employment slip or his slips?
1) You should match what is in your passport. If you have no family name in your passport then write n/a on the application.
2) Biometrics wasn't done in 2011 as part of sponsorship applications. You need to answer "no" to this question. You were most likely rejected back in 2011 because you were too old to be included in the application.
3) You should really attach proof of your own finances in addition to your brother's. IRCC wants to see that the person traveling to Canada has funds available as well.

Note that there is currently a travel ban in place. You will need to wait until the travel ban is lifted before you will be able to visit your brother in Canada.

Reactions: mashulia_26

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Does your brother in Canada also does not have a family name? If yes, then that would be fine. If not you may have some difficulty proving your relationship with your brother living in Canada.

Shahzaib.ss

Sep 15, 2020
Can you please confirm in the family information form what to select in marital status.
1) Married Physically present
2) Married Not physically present