+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visa Rejected , Need help Please @Bryanna @Scylla and other seniors member Please

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
Hi,

I am currently studying in Montreal college , I will complete in this june 2019, i have applied for Visitor visa for my parents and sister(15 year old) rejected today . the reasons were :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

First, I would like to let you know the documents attached :

Father:
Cover letter,Employment Letter, Salary slips for last 2 months, Company ID card, Bank Statement(92K CAD), Defence Saving Certificate(2k), Statement of Assets from FBR Pakistan, Tax return Certificate from FBR Pakistan of 2017 & 2018, Income Tax deduction Certificate of 2017 & 2018 , 2 Properties Evaluation Certificate(total worth of 160k CAD), Provident Fund Trust Statement from Organization(20k cad), Bank Account Active Letter, Family Registration Certificate from NADRA Pakistan, National Tax Number Certificate

Mother:
Government Service Certificate, Employment Joining Letter, Sindh Government NOC Certificate, Government of Sindh Service Card, Provident Fund Balance sheet from Government of Sindh(20k cad), Salary Slips for last 3 Months, Bank Statement of last 6 Months,

Sister:
NOC letter from School, Class IX Final Examination Result from Board of Secondary Education Karachi, Birth Certificate

Sponser(me):
1. Invitation Letter.
2. Scanned copy of my Study Permit.
3. Official Invitation Letter from Montreal College of IT of Convocation Ceremony.
4. Bank Certificates/Statements(9k Cad)
5. My current Residential Address Rental document from Leasing Authority.
6. Tax Document

Travel history: My father and Mother just travelled to KSA.

I have applied for GCMS notes.

What else Documents should we attach? or should we apply excluding my younger sister? should I apply only for my Father?

We provided a quite mature statement of 92k Cad of the last 6 month of my father, who will pay for the entire trip for him and family.

Please help me.
Highly Appreiated.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What was the purpose of the visit that you wrote? How long did you say the trip would last?

An entire family with no real travel history applying for a visa is very hard to have approved.

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
It is my post-graduation
What was the purpose of the visit that you wrote? How long did you say the trip would last?

An entire family with no real travel history applying for a visa is very hard to have approved.
it is my post-graduation convocation ceremony, i mentioned 2 weeks.

Should i reapply only for my father? Or i can invite both? Leaving my sister behind.
What would you suggest.

May 28, 2016
Hi,

I am currently studying in Montreal college , I will complete in this june 2019, i have applied for Visitor visa for my parents and sister(15 year old) rejected today . the reasons were :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

First, I would like to let you know the documents attached :

Father:
Cover letter,Employment Letter, Salary slips for last 2 months, Company ID card, Bank Statement(92K CAD), Defence Saving Certificate(2k), Statement of Assets from FBR Pakistan, Tax return Certificate from FBR Pakistan of 2017 & 2018, Income Tax deduction Certificate of 2017 & 2018 , 2 Properties Evaluation Certificate(total worth of 160k CAD), Provident Fund Trust Statement from Organization(20k cad), Bank Account Active Letter, Family Registration Certificate from NADRA Pakistan, National Tax Number Certificate

Mother:
Government Service Certificate, Employment Joining Letter, Sindh Government NOC Certificate, Government of Sindh Service Card, Provident Fund Balance sheet from Government of Sindh(20k cad), Salary Slips for last 3 Months, Bank Statement of last 6 Months,

Sister:
NOC letter from School, Class IX Final Examination Result from Board of Secondary Education Karachi, Birth Certificate

Sponser(me):
1. Invitation Letter.
2. Scanned copy of my Study Permit.
3. Official Invitation Letter from Montreal College of IT of Convocation Ceremony.
4. Bank Certificates/Statements(9k Cad)
5. My current Residential Address Rental document from Leasing Authority.
6. Tax Document

Travel history: My father and Mother just travelled to KSA.

I have applied for GCMS notes.

What else Documents should we attach? or should we apply excluding my younger sister? should I apply only for my Father?

We provided a quite mature statement of 92k Cad of the last 6 month of my father, who will pay for the entire trip for him and family.

Please help me.
Highly Appreiated.
When did you apply ? when was your family's biometric collected ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Father:
1. I'm not familiar with investments in Pakistan. Are Defense Savings Certificates available to ex-defense personnel or to everyone?

If yes, did your dad work in the defense services? And, did he work in any critical areas of defense, intelligence, R&D, etc? In a war?

2. Statements of assets do not work on their own. Your dad should attach evidence of actual ownership of property, financial investments, etc.

3. Your dad did not include a leave approval letter from his employer (??) + evidence of his work commitments scheduled after his visit.

4. Salary slips for about 6 months or so + the bank statement to which his salary is credited

5. Is his bank balance in line with the income from his employment? IMO, the bank balance seems quite inflated/borrowed.... if one factors the balance in the Provident Fund account into the picture (unless he has withdrawn funds from the PF account earlier.... or he has been employed as a salaried employee only since the last few years).

6. Do your parents live with any other dependent family members? For example, your grandparents.

7. Does your dad legally own the two properties?

Mother:
Question #1 for your dad here might apply here too (i.e. the nature of your mom's employment in the government)?

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
@Bryanna Thanks for the reply.
1.No, it is available for everyone, Also my father is a senior engineer in Fertilizer Company since 1998 which is owned by Pakistan army retired military personnel(Fauji Fertilizer).

2. yes I provided 2 properties evaluation certificate, statement of assets from FBR Pakistan

3. yes, he provided leave approval letter from Employer, which clearly states that officer wants to visit Canada for his son convocation along with the family.

4.yes the salary slips of last 6 months, the salary was deposited into the same bank account for every month.

5.No, it is not borrowed, it was totally mature, we can provide the statement of last 1 to 2 years also, just to make sure that it wasn't borrowed.
No, he didn't take anything amount from PF fund so far, he is still working, our consultant informed us to give the provident fund statement from the organization to give the supporting document.

6.No Unfortunately, they are not alive. so they live along with my elder brother(he is married). So for reapplying we are planning to apply for my father only so that he would be leaving the daughter and wife at home country, I guess then there won't be family ties problem.

7. well my father company is not the government company, it's a LIMITED company.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Thanks for the reply.
1.No, it is available for everyone, Also my father is a senior engineer in Fertilizer Company since 1998 which is owned by Pakistan army retired military personnel(Fauji Fertilizer).
@k.h.p. in this case I would recommend GCMS notes.

Not sure if being employed in a company managed by retired army/military personnel has something to do with the OP's dad's refusal. Hopefully not, but maybe GCMS might help to get clarity.

2. yes I provided 2 properties evaluation certificate, statement of assets from FBR Pakistan
Not just the evaluation certificate..... but the actual ownership documents translated into English by a certified translator + excerpts from market realty reports or property portals to prove that the indicative market rates considered for the valuation match.

An aside:
There was a post recently by someone from Pakistan who said that it was possible to get highly inflated property valuations for visa applications. That's why it is necessary to back the valuation with other sources for the indicative market rates.

3. yes, he provided leave approval letter from Employer, which clearly states that officer wants to visit Canada for his son convocation along with the family.
Do include any evidence of compelling work commitments that your dad must return to after his visit.

4.yes the salary slips of last 6 months, the salary was deposited into the same bank account for every month.
Okay. Good.

5.No, it is not borrowed, it was totally mature, we can provide the statement of last 1 to 2 years also, just to make sure that it wasn't borrowed.
I think the visa officer was probably not convinced with the (mis)match in your dad's income and the rather high bank balance.

On a practical note:
Why would someone allow CAD 92,000 to 'idle' in a bank account.... for 1-2 years..... earning little/no interest instead of investing it in some financial instruments or another property? This probably resulted in the refusal for Financial Assets (not the point about investing.... but the fact that the high bank balance seems unusual).

No, he didn't take anything amount from PF fund so far, he is still working, our consultant informed us to give the provident fund statement from the organization to give the supporting document.
Okay. But, these locked-in PF funds cannot be included in the 'Funds available for my visit' point.

They can be included in the overall financial situation + as a reason to return to Pakistan.

6.No Unfortunately, they are not alive. so they live along with my elder brother(he is married). So for reapplying we are planning to apply for my father only so that he would be leaving the daughter and wife at home country, I guess then there won't be family ties problem.

7. well my father company is not the government company, it's a LIMITED company.
Okay

8. Limited company as in a company which is listed on a stock exchange?

9. Do post the list of documents before he reapplies

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
@Bryanna
1.yes i have applied for GCMS notes.
2. okay i will include market evaluation of area from different estate portal to prove that our properties are of really that worth.
3. Well how should we define the "evidence of compelling work commitment" from the company side? could you elaborate it a bit more?.
4. well it's my dad's saving account, so it's a salaried account, and my house is run by my brother and my mother, so all income from my father is only used for savings. he is planning to invest in some property, but we told him to hold it to make the bank statement stronger. What do you suggest that how should we defend high bank statement? also, he kept the money for my younger sister higher education, & marriage in future. Also my father monthly salary is around 1700 CAD per month.
8.yes the company is on the stock exchange.
9.sure I'll post the list of documents before he reapplies. I applied for GCMS notes yesterday, so it's gonna take around 31 days, so i will reapply in mid of MAY.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
1.yes i have applied for GCMS notes.
Okay

2. okay i will include market evaluation of area from different estate portal to prove that our properties are of really that worth.
Also, do include the latest property tax receipts + similar receipts issued in your dad's name,

3. Well how should we define the "evidence of compelling work commitment" from the company side? could you elaborate it a bit more?.
Project planning, estimation, completion..... training..... scheduled customer visits.... any other assignments or work-related travel scheduled after his intended visit.

4. well it's my dad's saving account, so it's a salaried account, and my house is run by my brother and my mother, so all income from my father is only used for savings. he is planning to invest in some property, but we told him to hold it to make the bank statement stronger. What do you suggest that how should we defend high bank statement? also, he kept the money for my younger sister higher education, & marriage in future. Also my father monthly salary is around 1700 CAD per month.
Ahh now this is why the bank balance did not seem convincing.

Quite honestly, I cannot get my head around the math nor the logic:
1. Salary of CAD 1700 (pre-tax?) = 4.5 years of straight savings without considering taxes, deductions nor expenses

2. It's your parents' personal decision, of course.... but quite honestly again, this does not make any financial sense (not to me at least). To keep depositing his salary year-on-year in a bank account.... without investing in even short-term financial investments.

3. This is an unusual case. Can your dad get bank statements going back at least 4 years to prove that the money in his bank account is solely his..... and it adds up to the current CAD 92,000?

4. He would need to include evidence of your brother and his family living together with your parents + an explanation that your brother pays for all home/other expenses

8.yes the company is on the stock exchange.
Okay. Good.

9.sure I'll post the list of documents before he reapplies. I applied for GCMS notes yesterday, so it's gonna take around 31 days, so i will reapply in mid of MAY.
1. Do include a cover letter. You may want to search for a thread by Jtpolzin where I had suggested the sections for the cover letter.

2. Do include a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates

3. Does your dad have any loans or mortgages? Credit cards?

Reactions: ahsansag93

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
@Bryanna

yes i will include the property original documents, tax receipts.

yes we can show the bank statement of last 5 years, showing that the sums up to the bank statement (currently it is at 100k CAD) in this Month. yes 1700 CAD pre-tax.
But apart from salary, there are the bonuses, and different other incentives also. he paid 3700 CAD tax in 2018, and 4500 in 2017 also. and we did submit the tax documents also. But I believe Visa officer didn't get a chance to look upon those documents.

Is there anything else apart from showing 5-year bank statement? should we include last 2 years salary slips also?

Also All we are applying for the father this time? would it be risky if i would include my mom also?

1.yes i saw that cover letter. i will follow-up with that
2.sure will do that.
3. no he doesn't have any loans, mortgages, nor any type of Credit card.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

yes i will include the property original documents, tax receipts.

yes we can show the bank statement of last 5 years, showing that the sums up to the bank statement (currently it is at 100k CAD) in this Month. yes 1700 CAD pre-tax.
But apart from salary, there are the bonuses, and different other incentives also. he paid 3700 CAD tax in 2018, and 4500 in 2017 also. and we did submit the tax documents also. But I believe Visa officer didn't get a chance to look upon those documents.
It would probably be a simple bank statement even if it goes back 5 years.... only salary transfers, no withdrawals except for tax payments.

Your dad would need to highlight those amounts paid as tax.

Is there anything else apart from showing 5-year bank statement? should we include last 2 years salary slips also?
Yes, you can

Also All we are applying for the father this time? would it be risky if i would include my mom also?
Would be able to advise only after you get GCMS notes + after you post the revised list of documents for each of your parents

Reactions: ahsansag93

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
It would probably be a simple bank statement even if it goes back 5 years.... only salary transfers, no withdrawals except for tax payments.

Your dad would need to highlight those amounts paid as tax.

Yes, you can

Would be able to advise only after you get GCMS notes + after you post the revised list of documents for each of your parents
@Bryanna Could you please check your inbox/conversation?
Need your help and valuable suggestions.

Thank you in advance

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
@Bryanna hi i just received application form from the consultant, he made blunder,
He used Indian currency rate with respect to Canadian dollar,
For instance my father showed 9800000 pkr which is equivalent to around 92000 cad$ but in form it was written 256888 cad$ . So this rate is applied on everything in form for my father and mother.
Do you think this could be major reason in refusal?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna hi i just received application form from the consultant, he made blunder,
He used Indian currency rate with respect to Canadian dollar,
For instance my father showed 9800000 pkr which is equivalent to around 92000 cad$ but in form it was written 196000 cad$ . So this rate is applied on everything in form for my father and mother.
Do you think this could be major reason in refusal?
No