+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Trying to immigrate

Charlie.dak

May 12, 2015
Hi we are a family trying to go to Canada. We are 4 members in this family, myself (21), my brother (26), mom (54), dad (64). So I went to an office and asked if we can go as a family and someone there told me that because my father is 64 years old we can't apply for immigration, because he is the provider of the family. One of the ways the guy at the office tried to solve my problem was by telling me that one of us (My brother or I) get a degree, go to Canada and then apply for a super visa for my parents.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is for all my family to go together not one by one. My questions are:
1- Can one of us (My brother or I) take the place of my father as the main supporter? Since we are both young?
2- We have relatives in Canada, can they sponsor the whole family? We have money in the bank and it's more than enough, we will go to Canada, study and then work and of course live their.
3- Do you have any other solutions for my problem? Any solution would be appreciated because I don't want to stay in my country and would really like to go and live in Canada.
Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your family cannot migrate together as part of one applications. This simply isn't possible since you and your brother are both too old to be considered as dependents in your parents' application. If you all wish to immigrate - your father and mother will have to apply to immigrate as one application - your brother and you will each have to submit a separate application. I agree that it's unlikely your father and mother will qualify given their ages.

To answer your questions:

1) No - not possible. Again, neither you nor your brother can be part of your parents' application (you would have to be under 19 years of age to be part of your parents' application). Even if you could be part of your parents' application - only your father or mother can be the main supporter. You could not.
2) No - not possible because you cannot all come to Canada on one application. Also, there are very few provinces that allow relatives to sponsor family members. And you typically need a job offer to qualify.
3) There is no option available that will allow you to immigrate to Canada together. Again, it's simply not possible. If you want your entire family to come to Canada, then you can't do it together. You and your brother will each have to apply to immigrate to Canada separately and be separately accepted for immigration. Once you are here, you can apply to bring your parents as visitors to Canada using the super visa process. Note there is no guarantee the super visa will be approved and your parents will be allowed to come to Canada as visitors. Once you have been living and working in Canada for at least three years and meet the minimum income cut off - you can apply to sponsor your parents to immigrate. This process takes a long time (3+ years).

Charlie.dak

May 12, 2015
Ok, thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate more on the 2) answer. Which provinces? What happens when if I get the job offer? If you can explain more or give me a link where everything is mentioned in details I would be grateful. thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Manitoba is one immigration option if you have a relatives who are living in this province (note that your relatives MUST be living in this provice for you to qualify for this program). Having relatives in the province is not enough to ensure you will be selected to immigrate. You get "points" based on your age, education, skilled job offer (if you have one), etc. Applicants with the highest number of points are selected for PR.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/

Note that if you apply and are accepted - only you will be allowed to immigrate. You will not be able to include your parents or your brother in the application.

Charlie.dak

May 12, 2015
Can my relatives (My aunt) sponsor only my mother and my dad? Since now my brother and I are considered independent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Charlie.dak said:
Can my relatives (My aunt) sponsor only my mother and my dad? Since now my brother and I are considered independent.
It really depends where your relatives live (which province). Some provinces (example: Ontario) do not support relative sponsorships. It also depends if your mother and father meet the criteria for sponsorship in that province. So it's really impossible to answer your question. You can find links to information about the provincial programs on the page below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp