+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family try to move to Canada

Zeroberto

Jan 12, 2019
Hello guys.
I have a few questions to ask if you can help me.
I will like to try to make a living with my family in Canada.
I have Spanish and British passport as I was born in the UK and I have live all my life in Spain.
I have a 3 year old daughter also whith Spanish and British passport, her mother is my partner not my wife and she onlly have Spanish passport.
I will like to try to live in Canada and I'm a professional photographer and she is a hair stylist.
I will try to get a job from Europe before fly to canada because as a Dad I have no time to do stupid moves like when you are 18-20 years old because I have now a family (obvious).
Do you recommend me to apply whith my British passport? It will be very dificdiff for my partner to get to Canada and work legally??
It will be anny problem whith my daughter??.
If all this is more or less easy I will try to find a good job from spaiS before and get to that beautiful country.
Thanks for your time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys.
I have Spanish and British passport as I was born in the UK and I have live all my life in Spain.
I have a 3 year old daughter also whith Spanish and British passport, her mother is my partner not my wife and she onlly have Spanish passport.
I will like to try to live in Canada and I'm a professional photographer and she is a hair stylist.
I will try to get a job from Europe before fly to canada because as a Dad I have no time to do stupid moves like when you are 18-20 years old because I have now a family (obvious).
Do you recommend me to apply whith my British passport? It will be very dificdiff for my partner to get to Canada and work legally??
If all this is more or less easy I will try to find a good job from spaiS before and get to that beautiful country.
Thanks for your time.
Hi

You have pretty much no chance of obtaining a job from outside of Canada. To hire you, an employer in Canada needs a positive LMIA. The LMIA process has strict requirements, takes months to process and costs the employer $1000 even if it is refused, so the majority are not willing to do it.

Depending on your ages, you can look into IEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys.
Thanks for your time.
As said above, unless you are the right age to qualify for an IEC / working holiday visa in Canada - you should assume working in Canada as a foreign worker won't be possible.

If you wish to move to Canada, you should focus on applying to immigrate.

Zeroberto

Jan 12, 2019
Hi

You have pretty much no chance of obtaining a job from outside of Canada. To hire you, an employer in Canada needs a positive LMIA. The LMIA process has strict requirements, takes months to process and costs the employer $1000 even if it is refused, so the majority are not willing to do it.

Depending on your ages, you can look into IEC.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your message.
I'm 38 and my girl is 45. I will have a look on what is LMIA and IEC.
I'm just starting on my thoughts of living and working in Canada so this blog is mostly the first search of information.
If someone says yes about giving me a job in photography I think it won't be a problem on ony the 1000$.
I have a good life in Spain, is onlly that I have a dream into fashion photography and I think Canada is a good place for that.
And also will be great for my family.
Thanks for your answer.

Zeroberto

Jan 12, 2019
As said above, unless you are the right age to qualify for an IEC / working holiday visa in Canada - you should assume working in Canada as a foreign worker won't be possible.

If you wish to move to Canada, you should focus on applying to immigrate.
Thanks a lot for your answer my friend.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your message.
I'm 38 and my girl is 45. I will have a look on what is LMIA and IEC.
I'm just starting on my thoughts of living and working in Canada so this blog is mostly the first search of information.
If someone says yes about giving me a job in photography I think it won't be a problem on ony the 1000$.
I have a good life in Spain, is onlly that I have a dream into fashion photography and I think Canada is a good place for that.
And also will be great for my family.
Thanks for your answer.
You are far too old for an IEC / working holiday in that case.

LMIA is something your employer in Canada must obtain in order for you to be able to apply for a work permit. The $1000 is the fee they must paid. There are also additional funds they must spend to advertise the job to prove no Canadian could be found for the role - and have to submit an application that typically takes four months to process. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find an employer willing to go through this process since it's such a long process and there's no guarantee of approval.

You should focus on applying to immigrate if you wish to move to Canada. You are on the old side for that unfortunately (Canada's economic immigration programs give preference to young skilled workers) and you'll lose points due to your age. However it's still possible. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry immigration program. Right now you must have at least 440 points to be selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Zeroberto

Jan 12, 2019
WoW thanks. Great Information.
I dodnt get it why it's so hard if someone allready wants that you work for him, but every country is different of course.
Thanks a lot for your info.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
WoW thanks. Great Information.
I dodnt get it why it's so hard if someone allready wants that you work for him, but every country is different of course.
Thanks a lot for your info.
Canada protects its labour market. Jobs should not be going to foreigners when there are Canadian citizens and PRs who can do them.

Zeroberto

Jan 12, 2019
Canada protects its labour market. Jobs should not be going to foreigners when there are Canadian citizens and PRs who can do them.
Of course, I understand that and is very logical.
I mean as a photographer is not onlky something technical is also artistic.
Let's say someone in Canada have an studio and want to hire a person from outside canada because he love his stile.
That is something that you can not metter, they are thousands of good photographer's in Canada of course but if you like the stile of the guy from another country how you as government metter that someone can do his job??
Of course someone could do his job but never the same way because we are talking about something artistic.
I understand you 100% if we are talking about cleaning rooms in a hotel,work on a bar, bus driver.
But I still don't get it really if we talk about something that is involving artistic stuff.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Of course, I understand that and is very logical.
I mean as a photographer is not onlky something technical is also artistic.
Let's say someone in Canada have an studio and want to hire a person from outside canada because he love his stile.
That is something that you can not metter, they are thousands of good photographer's in Canada of course but if you like the stile of the guy from another country how you as government metter that someone can do his job??
Of course someone could do his job but never the same way because we are talking about something artistic.
I understand you 100% if we are talking about cleaning rooms in a hotel,work on a bar, bus driver.
But I still don't get it really if we talk about something that is involving artistic stuff.
Many artistic professions are LMIA-exempt for such a reason. However, photography is not one of them, meaning that the government has decided that the artistic benefit does not outweigh the negative effect on the Canadian job market.