+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family ties

Onkar001

Dec 24, 2020
I heard from some people that having a sibling (my own brother) who is PR in Canada will create negative impact on my study permit as this will show my family ties with home country more weaker.! Is that true? If yes then what to do in this case?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I got my first refusal in Sep 2020 with Family ties and purpose of visit, level of establishment reason.
I applied for GCMS notes and understand their concern and reapplied but It was again rejected with this 2 reasons. ( Purpose of visit and Level of establishment )
But surprising thing is that I have solved my family ties reason in 2nd application.

My background :- My Grand parents , uncles, aunts, siblings all are citizen of Canada.

GCMS Notes says ,

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country.

Here is the explanation...

I belong to a nuclear family of four members. I have always been most pampered and cherished by everyone, being the elder child of my family . But apart from that modesty, moral value still comes before anything in my household. My father, NAME , is a government employee and is the principal of an Industrial Training Institute which are designated post-secondary schools in India which provide training in various trades. My father was the one who motivated me in all of the stages of my life and was behind the idea of me completing my studies from Canada. My mother, NAME, is currently a homemaker. I also have a younger sister, NAME , who is currently pursuing her dental degree. Given that my father is providing his services to a government organization and all my family is well-settled in India as well as our immovable property is situated in India, ties to my home country are thus profound.

My parents have always promoted the idea of education and the importance of skill-based learning. They are my main motivators and are supporting my decision for further education in Canada. I am very close to my parents and considering that they are approaching a certain age they need more support from their children which makes my ties to my home country undeniably profound. Moreover, as a son, it is my duty to take care of my parents. Thus, I am bound to return to India upon completion of the course.

I come from a financially stable family background. My father’s current Annual Income is INR XXXXXX (approx. CAD $ XXXXXX ) Moreover, My father has other financial resources such as General Provident Fund ,Fixed deposit and Bank balance amounting to CAD $ XXXXX in total.

My intention in Canada is not to work or have any economic ties but only to study and gain sufficient knowledge in my field so that I can return back to my home country and secure a competitive job.

I hope it will help you to solve your issue.

Onkar001

Dec 24, 2020
I got my first refusal in Sep 2020 with Family ties and purpose of visit, level of establishment reason.
I applied for GCMS notes and understand their concern and reapplied but It was again rejected with this 2 reasons. ( Purpose of visit and Level of establishment )
But surprising thing is that I have solved my family ties reason in 2nd application.

My background :- My Grand parents , uncles, aunts, siblings all are citizen of Canada.

GCMS Notes says ,

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country.

Here is the explanation...

I belong to a nuclear family of four members. I have always been most pampered and cherished by everyone, being the elder child of my family . But apart from that modesty, moral value still comes before anything in my household. My father, NAME , is a government employee and is the principal of an Industrial Training Institute which are designated post-secondary schools in India which provide training in various trades. My father was the one who motivated me in all of the stages of my life and was behind the idea of me completing my studies from Canada. My mother, NAME, is currently a homemaker. I also have a younger sister, NAME , who is currently pursuing her dental degree. Given that my father is providing his services to a government organization and all my family is well-settled in India as well as our immovable property is situated in India, ties to my home country are thus profound.

My parents have always promoted the idea of education and the importance of skill-based learning. They are my main motivators and are supporting my decision for further education in Canada. I am very close to my parents and considering that they are approaching a certain age they need more support from their children which makes my ties to my home country undeniably profound. Moreover, as a son, it is my duty to take care of my parents. Thus, I am bound to return to India upon completion of the course.

I come from a financially stable family background. My father’s current Annual Income is INR XXXXXX (approx. CAD $ XXXXXX ) Moreover, My father has other financial resources such as General Provident Fund ,Fixed deposit and Bank balance amounting to CAD $ XXXXX in total.

My intention in Canada is not to work or have any economic ties but only to study and gain sufficient knowledge in my field so that I can return back to my home country and secure a competitive job.

I hope it will help you to solve your issue.
Have you got the visa now?

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
I heard from some people that having a sibling (my own brother) who is PR in Canada will create negative impact on my study permit as this will show my family ties with home country more weaker.! Is that true? If yes then what to do in this case?
Yeah. Apparantely having immediate family or extensive family well settled in Canada might have some impact as an officer might have a base to think that you might stay back in Canada after study permit. However, showing some strong ties like assets in you're home country, letter from you're company stating they'll hire you back once you finished your studies or straight up SOP supporting this might help strengthen the application.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
It's possible, I got approved despite having immediate family as Citizens but chances are like 1 in 10,000, family ties may become a serious issue if a proper rebuttal is not presented.

Last edited:

Onkar001

Dec 24, 2020
I have applied for Graduate certificate course and waiting for offer letter so mostly I will reapply in Jan ending or Feb starting 2021
What did you fill section *Funds available for my stay* (in imm1294e forum) Only GIC amount or GIC plus First year paid fees?

Reactions: Umro