+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family ties?

Jun 2, 2019
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
I have sponsor my uncle and this is of my 3rd time rejected my file.fist2 time they give others reason.now this reason of 3rd time what I do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
I have sponsor my uncle and this is of my 3rd time rejected my file.fist2 time they give others reason.now this reason of 3rd time what I do.
After 3 times I think it time to take a break from trying to visit Canada. Would order your GCMS notes.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
financial status.
Request your gcms records before re applying

walexi123

Sep 26, 2019
After 3 times I think it time to take a break from trying to visit Canada. Would order your GCMS notes.
Hi Pls I need your suggestions guys

Last year, I applied for a visitor visa for a conference in Montreal, my visa was approved but was just single entry. I returned back to my job in country almost immediately without overstaying.

Middle of this year, I applied for another visa. But this time around to participate in a 4 months fellowship. But the fellowship is meant for those transiting a career in a field. I submitted leave letter, flight ticket, etc. But my visa was refused on the basis on strong ties to canada and my country; and also purpose of visit. I was a bit confused about the point on strong ties since I didnt indicate anywhere that I have any family in canada, asides all my siblings are based in my country. The point on purpose of visit seems somewhat true considering the general purpose of the fellowship.

I submitted the previous application in August but didnt get a reply till around October.

BTW I submitted a leave letter indicating leave from September to December in my previous application, and I have been on leave technically since September.

While waiting for the outcome of the previous application, I got an offer from a research lab in montreal for a 4-months internship.
But this type of work (visiting researcher at a public university) qualifies me for a type of tourist visa with a work-permit exempt status (see here)
I am submitting another visitor application with the offer letters from the lab, pls can anyone advise me on how to make my application stronger.

For instance, I have to reference the previous confirmation of employment and leave letters in my new application to reflect changes such as the new date am expected to resume work (which is now April, i.e leave is now September 2019 - March 2020).
Asides, am currently processing an application for my graduate studies at a university in the US, and am including confirmation of application with my new visa application.
I'm also including my parents' passport to support my claim of taking care of them being the last child.
I also reference my previous application which was refused in my letter of explanation (see this paragraph from my LOE below)

I have been on a leave of ABSENCE since September, 2019 to allow me go through different programs to facilitate my learning ultimately improving my work and preparing me for long term academic pursuits. I previously applied for a Visitor Visa to participate in a _____, though my application was refused I have been joining my colleagues remotely. I got the invitation letter from ___ while waiting for the outcome of the previous visa application. Consequently, I requested for an update to my leave to accommodate the new schedule. I was granted an additional 3 months leave which makes it a total of 7 months, which is the maximum number of months permissible for me at my place of work. A copy of the updated leave letter has been attached.

I also run an initiative - _____ explained.

Finally, being the last child of my aged parents who are now retired, I also spend the weekends taking care of them when am not at work. I have also attached copies of my parents’ international passports

Particularly I would be interested in sharing my documents with anyone willing to help preview.

Mobyahmad

Dec 5, 2019
Hi.

i apply for 3 times. And got same refusal.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

my wife and daughter are french National, even there ETA visas are attached. 5/6 time i visit Europe and have long stay France visa on my passport.

Any one can help me for this refusal reason. I have my Uncle in Canada . But i am not going to meet him. Even i don’t wanna tell him about my stay in canada.

chidosky4ril

Sep 7, 2019
So you applied for a visa for you, your wife, and your daughter, and have family in Canada?

The itinerary isn't the problem. It will look to the visa officer that you are trying to bring your entire family to Canada and will overstay. You will need to provide significant proof of ties to your home country in order to overcome objections. If your wife and daughter were not travelling with you, those would be significant ties.

You seem so informative. In a case where my wife doesn't live in same country with me at the moment. My wife is currently on her PhD degree in Malaysia and I just recently (2019) completed my MSc degree in Malaysia and currently back to my home country Nigeria. I intend to apply for another Postgraduate program (MEng) in Canada. I have my parents, brother, sisters and extended family in Nigeria. How do I address or reconcile strong tie since my wife isn't in Nigeria with me. I will appreciate your response. Thank you.