+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAMILY TIES!!!!!!!!!!!

uchecathy2007

Aug 12, 2008
Hi PMM,
Thanks for all your advice and suggestions on various issues in this forum. God bless
I applied for PR on the 11th of this month from the UK and from what my immigration consultant told me, it might take about 2 to 3 years except for the new changes about processing times for applications which one is'nt so sure about.
Pls, I am thinking of applying for a study permit while waiting but I am not sure about what family ties mean 'cos I have read about a lot of student applications rejected because of weak family ties.
Here in the UK, I am on student visa and I am married with a baby girl. Do I have to apply stating that they won't be coming with me to Canada or are there other ways I can convince them that I have srong family ties in the UK and that I would return after my studies.
Warmest Regards

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, but you cannot prove that you have strong ties in UK when you are in a process of immigration to Canada... Student visa means you have no intents to stay in Canada. But you have them and you application for PR shows that.

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
If you do some research you will see that Canada does recognize dual intent, in another words a person who applied for PR will not necessary be barred from applying for anything else. If in the UK you have a mortgage, lots of credit cards, kids in school, good job for long time and good pay and if your employer is telling you they will promote you if you get that training in Canada you will be issued with a student visa without problem. But that's not the case.