+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family support letter

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone! I'm want to get some input on providing a letter from your family for financial support for spousal sponsorship. What does the family member need to provide with the letter...if anything?
We live in the U.S. and I need a letter from one of my family members stating financial support for me and my spouse and kids.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Hey. I am sponsoring my American husband to Canada. We have no kids. I am unemployed and have been for over a year. My Mother and Stepfather support me and want to support my husband. This is the letter we did. We made the point that they're employed full-time and have many valuable assets (a house, a car, etc), showing that they are capable of supporting us (We also provided My mother's and stepfather's option c printouts, employment letters, and paystubs). We showed how I was financially supported in the past and how I will continue to be supported along with my husband. Attached to this letter is proofs of all points. The bottom of the letter is signed by my Mother/Stepfather, along with a little statement. Hope this helps.

*Edit. I attached these items to IMM 5481, the sponsorship evaluation. I also included an explanation for question 2, where I checked "Unemployed". And I also included a letter by me, which I entitled "A Statement of Intentions", and a letter by my husband, which is also entitled "A statement of Intentions". If you'd like to see these papers too, let me know and I'll share them.

A Declaration to Financially Support (Name of Principal Applicant), Principal Applicant, and (Name of Sponsor), Sponsor

To Citizenship Immigration Canada

From (Name of Mother) and (Name of Stepfather), Mother and Stepfather of (Name), sponsor

Written by (Name of Mother)

To whom it may concern,

(Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will receive our financial support for as long as necessary. We are witnesses to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) loving relationship and we want to support them unconditionally. We love and miss our son-in-law (Principal Applicant) and eagerly await the day he's granted permanent residence and officially moves in with us. We look forward to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) starting their lives together under our roof.

We have supported (Sponsor) and will continue to support her and (Principal Applicant):

- We share ownership of our detached house on (Address of House), I own a (Car). I am a full-time (Job Position). (Name of Stepfather) is a full-time (Job Position). Together, we make approximately $___ per year. I make this point to show that we are financially stable, have our lives in order, and are actually capable of supporting (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor). We are financially responsible, dependable, and punctual.

- I got (Sponsor) a used (Car) in (Month/Day/Year). (Sponsor) is the Primary Driver, I am the Secondary Driver. We make 100% of the monthly payment. I make this point to show that we are already happy and willing to support (Sponsor). We are just as happy and willing – eager, in fact – to support (Principal Applicant). To welcome him into our home as our son, to freely provide him with all of his needs, to support him in all of his endeavors so that he may thrive and evolve into a financially independent, self-sufficient, active, useful member of society.

- In (Month/Day/Year), I bought (Sponsor) a (Smartphone). We make 100% of the monthly payment. I make this point to show that I have supported (Sponsor) in the past. We will continue to support her and (Principal Applicant) as necessary.

- (Stepfather) and I collectively paid approximately $____ to furnish the basement of our house in (Month/Day/Year). We did this with the intention of giving it to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) to live in for as long as need be free of charge.

- When (Principal Applicant) is granted permanent residence, he intends to work in Canada as a Housepainter/General Painter/Woodworker/General Handyworker. To facilitate this, we decided to give (Principal Applicant) the garage of our house so that he can convert it into his own personal workshop.

Please see attached papers for proof of claims.

In closing, (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will receive everything from us – everything they need for as long as they need. We will support them until they can stand on their feet. We are there for them unconditionally.

We hope this letter will be of thoughtful consideration and we appreciate your time, thank you.

(Mother) and (Stepfather).

I , (Mother), solemnly swear to financially support (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) for as long as they need. I swear to provide them with all needs, such as shelter, food, clothing, and so on. (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will be supported with the means necessary so that they may grow into financially independent, self-sufficient, and productive, contributors of society.

I, (Stepfather), solemnly swear to financially support (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) for as long as they need. I swear to provide them with all needs, such as shelter, food, clothing, and so on. (Principal Applicant) and Sponsor) will be supported with the means necessary so that they may grow into financially independent, self-sufficient, and productive, contributors of society.

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
Hey. I am sponsoring my American husband to Canada. We have no kids. I am unemployed and have been for over a year. My Mother and Stepfather support me and want to support my husband. This is the letter we did. We made the point that they're employed full-time and have many valuable assets (a house, a car, etc), showing that they are capable of supporting us (We also provided My mother's and stepfather's option c printouts, employment letters, and paystubs). We showed how I was financially supported in the past and how I will continue to be supported along with my husband. Attached to this letter is proofs of all points. The bottom of the letter is signed by my Mother/Stepfather, along with a little statement. Hope this helps.

*Edit. I attached these items to IMM 5481, the sponsorship evaluation. I also included an explanation for question 2, where I checked "Unemployed". And I also included a letter by me, which I entitled "A Statement of Intentions", and a letter by my husband, which is also entitled "A statement of Intentions". If you'd like to see these papers too, let me know and I'll share them.

A Declaration to Financially Support (Name of Principal Applicant), Principal Applicant, and (Name of Sponsor), Sponsor

To Citizenship Immigration Canada

From (Name of Mother) and (Name of Stepfather), Mother and Stepfather of (Name), sponsor

Written by (Name of Mother)

To whom it may concern,

(Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will receive our financial support for as long as necessary. We are witnesses to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) loving relationship and we want to support them unconditionally. We love and miss our son-in-law (Principal Applicant) and eagerly await the day he's granted permanent residence and officially moves in with us. We look forward to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) starting their lives together under our roof.

We have supported (Sponsor) and will continue to support her and (Principal Applicant):

- We share ownership of our detached house on (Address of House), I own a (Car). I am a full-time (Job Position). (Name of Stepfather) is a full-time (Job Position). Together, we make approximately $___ per year. I make this point to show that we are financially stable, have our lives in order, and are actually capable of supporting (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor). We are financially responsible, dependable, and punctual.

- I got (Sponsor) a used (Car) in (Month/Day/Year). (Sponsor) is the Primary Driver, I am the Secondary Driver. We make 100% of the monthly payment. I make this point to show that we are already happy and willing to support (Sponsor). We are just as happy and willing – eager, in fact – to support (Principal Applicant). To welcome him into our home as our son, to freely provide him with all of his needs, to support him in all of his endeavors so that he may thrive and evolve into a financially independent, self-sufficient, active, useful member of society.

- In (Month/Day/Year), I bought (Sponsor) a (Smartphone). We make 100% of the monthly payment. I make this point to show that I have supported (Sponsor) in the past. We will continue to support her and (Principal Applicant) as necessary.

- (Stepfather) and I collectively paid approximately $____ to furnish the basement of our house in (Month/Day/Year). We did this with the intention of giving it to (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) to live in for as long as need be free of charge.

- When (Principal Applicant) is granted permanent residence, he intends to work in Canada as a Housepainter/General Painter/Woodworker/General Handyworker. To facilitate this, we decided to give (Principal Applicant) the garage of our house so that he can convert it into his own personal workshop.

Please see attached papers for proof of claims.

In closing, (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will receive everything from us – everything they need for as long as they need. We will support them until they can stand on their feet. We are there for them unconditionally.

We hope this letter will be of thoughtful consideration and we appreciate your time, thank you.

(Mother) and (Stepfather).

I , (Mother), solemnly swear to financially support (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) for as long as they need. I swear to provide them with all needs, such as shelter, food, clothing, and so on. (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) will be supported with the means necessary so that they may grow into financially independent, self-sufficient, and productive, contributors of society.

I, (Stepfather), solemnly swear to financially support (Principal Applicant) and (Sponsor) for as long as they need. I swear to provide them with all needs, such as shelter, food, clothing, and so on. (Principal Applicant) and Sponsor) will be supported with the means necessary so that they may grow into financially independent, self-sufficient, and productive, contributors of society.

Thank you!! This seems overwhelming for me, maybe I'm just worried of all the proof I need to provide. Yes can you show me those papers too, you can pm me. Smiley

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I guess my family from Canada would have to provide supporting documents with the letter? Do you think It won't be enough or denied if they didn't include one? I just don't want to get into my families business in that way when we do have funds to support ourselves for a bit but I know they will help if needed.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
CandyCane said:
So I guess my family from Canada would have to provide supporting documents with the letter? Do you think It won't be enough or denied if they didn't include one? I just don't want to get into my families business in that way when we do have funds to support ourselves for a bit but I know they will help if needed.
See, what you include depends on your unique circumstances. I chose to go overboard because I have no income, I haven't had an income for an extended period of time, I'm 21 years old and have yet to ground myself financially. I am financially dependent, so I need to provide more than usual to compensate for a possible red flag. Also, the more proof the merrier, I'd say. Better safe than sorry. However, since you're in a better situation than me where you have more than 0 dollars to your name, you can definitely relax about this.

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
See, what you include depends on your unique circumstances. I chose to go overboard because I have no income, I haven't had an income for an extended period of time, I'm 21 years old and have yet to ground myself financially. I am financially dependent, so I need to provide more than usual to compensate for a possible red flag. Also, the more proof the merrier, I'd say. Better safe than sorry. However, since you're in a better situation than me where you have more than 0 dollars to your name, you can definitely relax about this.

I'm unemployed too, I'm a stay at home mom but my husband works. I would looove to work but don't have much dependable family here. Do you live with your spouse?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CandyCane said:
When you say you have the funds to support yourselves, I'm assuming you mean savings. With proof of that and proof of your husband's income, you should have no issues. A letter from family simply stating that they will help you if needed is fine; there is no need for their financial documents.

My parents just wrote a few lines about our relationship being genuine and how we would stay with them when we got to Canada and they would provide for us until we got on our feet. They didn't include any of their personal details beyond names and contact details.

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
When you say you have the funds to support yourselves, I'm assuming you mean savings. With proof of that and proof of your husband's income, you should have no issues. A letter from family simply stating that they will help you if needed is fine; there is no need for their financial documents.

My parents just wrote a few lines about our relationship being genuine and how we would stay with them when we got to Canada and they would provide for us until we got on our feet. They didn't include any of their personal details beyond names and contact details.

Well I'm unemployed but my husband works and we'll have our savings from when he leaves his job. Did you get your visa?

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would it be more genuine if it's handwritten and notarized, or typed and notarized? If needed be.

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, we plan to move into a bigger house when we arrive in Canada with my parent as the space currently isn't quite as big. What would I put in the letter about that? We just don't have a place set up there yet.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CandyCane said:
Well I'm unemployed but my husband works and we'll have our savings from when he leaves his job. Did you get your visa?
It doesn't matter. CIC will look at your family income as a whole, not just your income. My partner was approved without issue.

CandyCane said:
Would it be more genuine if it's handwritten and notarized, or typed and notarized? If needed be.
Doesn't matter whether it's handwritten or typed.

CandyCane said:
Also, we plan to move into a bigger house when we arrive in Canada with my parent as the space currently isn't quite as big. What would I put in the letter about that? We just don't have a place set up there yet.
There's no need to even mention that.

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
It doesn't matter. CIC will look at your family income as a whole, not just your income. My partner was approved without issue.

Doesn't matter whether it's handwritten or typed.

There's no need to even mention that.

Thanks so much! I feel a little relief now.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
canuck_in_uk said:

Canuck is right OP; The attachments I included were unnecessary and I never meant to induce anxiety so I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to share what I did for my case. I went above expectations in a attempt to make my case foolproof; To actually prove the claims made in the letters. I feel really confident about my app and I can't wait for this nightmare to come to an end!

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
Canuck is right OP; The attachments I included were unnecessary and I never meant to induce anxiety so I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to share what I did for my case. I went above expectations in a attempt to make my case foolproof; To actually prove the claims made in the letters. I feel really confident about my app and I can't wait for this nightmare to come to an end!

That's ok, I just want to get this application done and sent off. It can't be as difficult as getting into the U.S. Yes I would prefer If I didn't have to send in my parents financial info.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
CandyCane said:
That's ok, I just want to get this application done and sent off. It can't be as difficult as getting into the U.S. Yes I would prefer If I didn't have to send in my parents financial info.
There's nothing wrong with that! Good luck!