+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsporship 2019

workpermit777

Oct 15, 2018
I need some help filling out forms for my mother. Can someone please help me answer a few questions I'vee listed below. Thanks.

1) My mother has no education but the forms require me to fill that section in with dates. How do I validate the form without filling anything in or should I just put random dates?

2) We don't know the exact date my spouse got his citizenship in Canada as it was over 30 years ago and we lost the documents. Is there any way to find out what day he got citizen ship?

3) I don't know the date when my parents got married either. Should I just put an estimated date?

workpermit777

Oct 15, 2018
Ask your parents when they got married. Request a new citizenship certificate.
My mother got married in India and due to a stroke she does not have good memory. I know the year is 1940 but not sure of the exact month and day. Anything I can do about this?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
A new citizenship certificate will take around 5 months to come in. That will past the 60 day deadline to submit application.
Go to a Service Canada location with ID and try asking for the date of citizenship. I am sure the same can be achieved over the phone somehow?

Reactions: k.h.p.