+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
Good afternoon guys,

All my finger prints and medical exam alreay completed. And today when i check today it said
Latest update:
Final decision - March 14, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does that means ? Does anyone know ?

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Good afternoon guys,

All my finger prints and medical exam alreay completed. And today when i check today it said
Latest update:
Final decision - March 14, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does that means ? Does anyone know ?
It means you should have gotten a passport request letter telling you to send in your passport for stamp if you have not already done that. If you are using GCkey (which I am assuming you are), the request letter should be at the bottom of that same screen.

If you already sent in your passport and required photos, you just have to wait until they are done processing your COPR. When you see this below, then congratulation, you are done and can go to Canada to officially become a PR with your COPR and required documents.

"A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Review of eligibility - MM/DD/YY: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Final decision
  • MM/DD/YY Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

Last edited:

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
It means you should have gotten a passport request letter telling you to send in your passport for stamp if you have not already done that. If you are using GCkey (which I am assuming you are), the request letter should be at the bottom of that same screen.

If you already sent in your passport and required photos, you just have to wait until they are done processing your COPR. When you see this below, then congratulation, you are done and can go to Canada to officially become a PR with your COPR and required documents.

"A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Latest update:
Review of eligibility - MM/DD/YY: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Final decision
  • MM/DD/YY Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."
Thank you so much for your respnd. We didn't get any passport letter request is it because we are inland application ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much for your respnd. We didn't get any passport letter request is it because we are inland application ?
The invitation to virtual landing is instead of and equivalent to the passport request (and referred to most often on these forums as the passport request, since it is fairly new).

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
The invitation to virtual landing is instead of and equivalent to the passport request (and referred to most often on these forums as the passport request, since it is fairly new).
I see I see, never heard of that lol. Do you know how long takes them to send us an email ? it's been a week ? lol

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I see I see, never heard of that lol. Do you know how long takes them to send us an email ? it's been a week ? lol
A week from what? In general you wont' know exactly when they're ready to send you that email until ... you get that email. It could be soon as I see it is saying final decision, but even if that's right, they'll need time to fold, staple, mutilate etc. I joke but it's an admin procedure, 1-4 weeks not unusual. If they send it to another unit for the virtual landing bit, that'll take time for them to prepare etc.

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Ah, if you are inland then I am not sure either since I am or was outland. My passport request letter is actually title "Information Letter" lol, and it's at the bottom of that same page on GCkey along with the other letters (medical, biometrics, pre-arrival, etc...). Although, part B of my instruction stated:

"B) If you are currently in Canada, and plan to be in Canada for at least two months, you are not required to submit your passport/package and will be landed virtually. Please advise the Case Processing Centre - Mississauga office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

This is just for your information and to give you an idea, I wouldn't do anything until you get ask by IRCC. :D

Have a read on this thread, it has some information for you:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/final-decision-january-12-2024-your-application-is-in-progress-we-will-let-you-know-once-a-final-decision-has-been-made.831702/

Last edited:

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
Ah, if you are inland then I am not sure either since I am or was outland. My passport request letter is actually title "Information Letter" lol, and it's at the bottom of that same page on GCkey along with the other letters (medical, biometrics, pre-arrival, etc...). Although, part B of my instruction stated:

"B) If you are currently in Canada, and plan to be in Canada for at least two months, you are not required to submit your passport/package and will be landed virtually. Please advise the Case Processing Centre - Mississauga office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

This is just for your information and to give you an idea, I wouldn't do anything until you get ask by IRCC. :D

Have a read on this thread, it has some information for you:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/final-decision-january-12-2024-your-application-is-in-progress-we-will-let-you-know-once-a-final-decision-has-been-made.831702/
Thank you my friend ! This information is really helpful ! Did you recieved your passport back yet ?

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
A week from what? In general you wont' know exactly when they're ready to send you that email until ... you get that email. It could be soon as I see it is saying final decision, but even if that's right, they'll need time to fold, staple, mutilate etc. I joke but it's an admin procedure, 1-4 weeks not unusual. If they send it to another unit for the virtual landing bit, that'll take time for them to prepare etc.
I see I see, my case was one week since the newest update said my case is being process. So I will just wait and see what comes next lol. Which step are you in now ?

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Thank you my friend ! This information is really helpful ! Did you recieved your passport back yet ?
I am from visa-exempted country so IRCC does not required me to send my actual passport, but to send a photo copy of it. And yes, I received my photo copy of my passport back to me along with the COPR. :D It took 2 months and 17 days from being process to COPR in hand for me.