Family Sponsorship

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I'm from Manila, Philippines and got married to my Irish husband based in Canada. We want to start working on our papers to go there to him in Canada. I need some help for some details and requirements stated on CIC.

1. Do I need to update all my papers here under my married name, specifically my passport?

2. Any suggestions on what are the best documents we can submit as a proof of our relationship?

3. As we read, me and my husband will fill up some forms for my immigration application, do we submit these separately? From where? If not, do we need to send it here to be submitted together with my forms?

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I'm from Manila, Philippines and got married to my Irish husband based in Canada. We want to start working on our papers to go there to him in Canada. I need some help for some details and requirements stated on CIC.

1. Do I need to update all my papers here under my married name, specifically my passport?

2. Any suggestions on what are the best documents we can submit as a proof of our relationship?

3. As we read, me and my husband will fill up some forms for my immigration application, do we submit these separately? From where? If not, do we need to send it here to be submitted together with my forms?

Thanks in advance!
Assuming he is a Canadian citizen or PR sponsoring you,

1. No.

2. Required proofs are listed in the checklist.

3. Start here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html.