+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship of Parents

rmin

May 9, 2009
Hi, guys I need your expertise!
I am trying to sponsor my parents (i am permanet resident currently residing in Canada and my parents are at Korea)
Do I have to send my applications to CIC Missassagua then after approval is application processed in visa office outside canada which in this case would be korea?
I went on CIC website and it says timeline to see if I am eligible sponsor it will take up to 48 months. They have only processed 2007 July application up to date.

Does this mean to find out i am eligible sponsor or not would take almost 3 years?!?!? then additional 20-24 months in Korea Visa office if my parents are eligible? Total of 5-6 years??

Or is there a way to just apply for sponsorship directly to VISA OFFICE OUTSIDE of CANADA? (korea in this case?)

If anyone applied to sponsor their parents what was approximate timeline?

Can anyone help me please. Thanks for your expertise!!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you read is correct. You apply to Mississauga, wait until they assess your sponsorship application and, if approved, then send the applications to the proper visa office for your case. Sorry, but there is no faster way under this category. 5 to 6 years is average total time. Some visa offices can have even longer as I have seen up to 10 years total.

rmin

May 9, 2009
Additional Questions~ Help please?
So if it takes average of 30-48 months for approval of sponsor eligibility in CIC Missassagua, would they not require new option C or most recent income statement from the sponsor once they get around it

The reason I am asking is because I am planning to send my application along with my Option C statement and a letter from the employer that I work for but 30-48 months later I will not be working for the same employer. Would that cause a problem when they process my application later? or even delay it as information is not correct? Or they just ask for a new one anyways?

Thanks guys~!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You just have to continue to meet the income requirements (LICO). It doesn't matter if you change jobs.