+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship of Mother in Canada

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Hello,

I applied for PR sponsorship of my mother in March 2008. I checked th status of the application last week and seems like finally it is getting processed from Mississauga Office (after more than 2 years of wait...phew). During this 2 years, my mom has visited me twice and has maintained good visa status. She has mutliple visitor visa for 5 years (till 2013) and she likes to spend more time with us here in Canada because the situation back home is not ver stable due to political/security reasons. My question is, can the rest of her PR application be processed within Canada instead of processing at consulate office back home in New Delhi ? Please let me know. I really appreciate your help.

SJP

I

iarblue

You cant switch it sorry once its done its done and new delhi is a very quick office.So unless you want to cancel that app and start a new lol(not likely right) then it has to stay in her country.The wait time for parents is usually 4 years but like i said new delhi is usually a bit quicker but not by much.Good luck

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
As far as I know there is no option for parents to apply from within Canada.

PDG

May 23, 2010
Hi,

But I know someone who had the same situation and once they received the file# the parent came in Canada as a visitor and requested to do the correspondence in Canada. Only when she got her visa, she had to go out of Canada(like US) and entered back in Canada. You may check that option.