+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship file refused - misrepresentation

dhruvray

Apr 2, 2024
My spouse’s sponsorship application had recieved a pfl 2 months ago. Got rejected and she has got 5 years ban. It happened because I failed to declare our change in marriage status during my pr file. I had no intention in hinding our marriage. My file was kept under tr to pr, so even adding my wife under the file wouldn’t impact my file as there was no points system in tr to pr. Its just that I was not aware that I compulsory had to inform ircc regarding this change. Now I am in a very bad situation. My wife is having sucidal thoughts. All her hope have been crushed by my mistake. I have got connected to a mp, I am going to meet him after 3 days. Would he be able to help at all in changing this desicion? Or can he mail immigration official or minister to reconsider this application? If anyone nows any good lawyer out there with experience in this areas please let me know. Any advice would help our relationship a lot. We were in relationship since highschool. This was our chance to be together after 6 long and difficult years as her parents were not ready to see us together. We had to request them a lot and now they agreed but we have a bigger problem. Any help would greatly help us. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My spouse’s sponsorship application had recieved a pfl 2 months ago. Got rejected and she has got 5 years ban. It happened because I failed to declare our change in marriage status during my pr file. I had no intention in hinding our marriage. My file was kept under tr to pr, so even adding my wife under the file wouldn’t impact my file as there was no points system in tr to pr. Its just that I was not aware that I compulsory had to inform ircc regarding this change. Now I am in a very bad situation. My wife is having sucidal thoughts. All her hope have been crushed by my mistake. I have got connected to a mp, I am going to meet him after 3 days. Would he be able to help at all in changing this desicion? Or can he mail immigration official or minister to reconsider this application? If anyone nows any good lawyer out there with experience in this areas please let me know. Any advice would help our relationship a lot. We were in relationship since highschool. This was our chance to be together after 6 long and difficult years as her parents were not ready to see us together. We had to request them a lot and now they agreed but we have a bigger problem. Any help would greatly help us. Thank you.
I'm sorry for your situation.

MPs cannot influence or change decisions. There is nothing your MP will be able to do. You are in lawyer territory. Even then, the chances of an immigration lawyer being able to do anything about this are going to be low.

Unfortunately it was mandatory for you to declare your spouse in your application. This has nothing to do with points. Your spouse needed to be medically examined and also go through security and background check as part of your application. Since you failed to do this, this excludes you from ever sponsoring your spouse in the future.

Get a consult with a very good lawyer. Be prepared that you likely won't be able to overturn this decision.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When you landed as a PR, there is a very clear section mention to update/inform IRCC of any major change (e.g. marital status, serious sickness ...etc)
Anyway, it's too late to do that now. You could have get a lawyer to involve in responding the PFL so as to avoid the 5 years ban.
Now I think your choice would be to hire a lawyer and try to fight this. Even after the5 year ban, you cannot sponsor her since you failed to declare her before your landing.
Or to join your spouse in her home country.