+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship Application Acknowledgement e-mail

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,
I have obtained PR through the express entry program and have been a PR since Nov 2018. I have applied to sponsor my husband through the family sponsorship - spouse living outside Canada Category on Oct 29.
I have received an e-mail from CIC stating "We're still working on your application. We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: ---------------" on Nov 30 with an application number that is the same as my express entry application number starting with EXXXXXX.
I have heard from friends that a new application number would be created for the spousal application and will be sent to the sponsor's e-mail.
I am confused as to why I received a message that my old application number is in process.
I called CIC customer care to clarify, they are asking for an application number. When I enter the E number they are providing the details of my old express entry application and the call is getting disconnected saying due to less workforce all agents are busy. Is there a way to get around the application number and talk to an agent?
I have filled the webform and am waiting for a response.
How can I track the spousal sponsorship application? Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi there, you should order gcms notes and find out actually what is happening with either of your file with the application number. for the outland application so far as I know, ppl are waiting long to receive the AOR and it will be different than your file number. i am not sure how much you recieve this letter, does it say anything related to your spouse name on it? as you are October applicant and you also ask in a October spousal forum page which already exists.

Reactions: AWS2020

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,
I have obtained PR through the express entry program and have been a PR since Nov 2018. I have applied to sponsor my husband through the family sponsorship - spouse living outside Canada Category on Oct 29.
I have received an e-mail from CIC stating "We're still working on your application. We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: ---------------" on Nov 30 with an application number that is the same as my express entry application number starting with EXXXXXX.
I have heard from friends that a new application number would be created for the spousal application and will be sent to the sponsor's e-mail.
I am confused as to why I received a message that my old application number is in process.
I called CIC customer care to clarify, they are asking for an application number. When I enter the E number they are providing the details of my old express entry application and the call is getting disconnected saying due to less workforce all agents are busy. Is there a way to get around the application number and talk to an agent?
I have filled the webform and am waiting for a response.
How can I track the spousal sponsorship application? Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!
There was glitch in IRCC system last week . So this was just general email . Don’t worry about that . It has nothing to do with spousal application. You spousal application will be different and will start from letter F123456789. That was just glitch in system so just ignore that email. Lot if people got that email last week .

Reactions: cj7 and AWS2020