+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsor

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Hello everyone. 1st of all, I would like to thank all of you for supporting me when I was applying for my PR. By the grace of god I got my PR last year in December in just 26 days. I am 27 years old single and I am from India. My score was 468. Now my next step is to bring my family ( Mother, Father and a little physically and mentally challenged elderly Sister ) to Canada to stay with me. I want to start planning from the beginning and consider all the options by seeking help from this forum. My father has capital to start a business as well and that is my ultimate goad. What is the best possible option to approach ? MY MAIN CONCERN IS MY SISTER. SHE IS HAVING MENINGITIS AND SHE IS 31 YEARS OLD. What difficulties I can face and what are the requirements for me to make them eligible and how long it will take ? I hope I will get the same kind of help which I got once I applied for my PR. Thank You.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. 1st of all, I would like to thank all of you for supporting me when I was applying for my PR. By the grace of god I got my PR last year in December in just 26 days. I am 27 years old single and I am from India. My score was 468. Now my next step is to bring my family ( Mother, Father and a little physically and mentally challenged elderly Sister ) to Canada to stay with me. I want to start planning from the beginning and consider all the options by seeking help from this forum. My father has capital to start a business as well and that is my ultimate goad. What is the best possible option to approach ? MY MAIN CONCERN IS MY SISTER. SHE IS HAVING MENINGITIS AND SHE IS 31 YEARS OLD. What difficulties I can face and what are the requirements for me to make them eligible and how long it will take ? I hope I will get the same kind of help which I got once I applied for my PR. Thank You.
To qualify to sponsor your parents, you must meet the minimum income requirement for three years in a row through working in a job in Canada. This means that best case scenario, it will be four years from the time you land in Canada and become a PR before you will qualify to sponsor your parents. Parent sponsorship is a lottery process and only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. Once you qualify to sponsor your parents, you will have to enter the lottery and hope you are selected. Once you are selected and submit the application - assume application processing will take around 2 years.

When you sponsor your parents, you can try to include your sister in the application as a dependent. Whether she is accepted as a dependent will depend on the level of her disability which will be assessed through the medical. As part of the medical, CIC will also assess what care your sister will require once she is in Canada (both medical and social care). If it's determined the costs of this care will exceed $6,500 per year, then the entire application may be refused due to concerns that your sister will place a burden on Canada's medical & social care systems. So the short answer is that there is no guarantee you will be able to bring your sister to Canada - however you can certainly try once you qualify to sponsor your parents.

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
To qualify to sponsor your parents, you must meet the minimum income requirement for three years in a row through working in a job in Canada. This means that best case scenario, it will be four years from the time you land in Canada and become a PR before you will qualify to sponsor your parents. Parent sponsorship is a lottery process and only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. Once you qualify to sponsor your parents, you will have to enter the lottery and hope you are selected. Once you are selected and submit the application - assume application processing will take around 2 years.

When you sponsor your parents, you can try to include your sister in the application as a dependent. Whether she is accepted as a dependent will depend on the level of her disability which will be assessed through the medical. As part of the medical, CIC will also assess what care your sister will require once she is in Canada (both medical and social care). If it's determined the costs of this care will exceed $6,500 per year, then the entire application may be refused due to concerns that your sister will place a burden on Canada's medical & social care systems. So the short answer is that there is no guarantee you will be able to bring your sister to Canada - however you can certainly try once you qualify to sponsor your parents.
Thank you very much for detailed answer. How about my dad invest in Canada and set up a business ? Then will it be easy to immigrate for my parents and my sister ? Say for example he invests $600,000-800,000 in an existing business or set up a new business.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for detailed answer. How about my dad invest in Canada and set up a business ? Then will it be easy to immigrate for my parents and my sister ? Say for example he invests $600,000-800,000 in an existing business or set up a new business.
It may be easier for your parents to immigrate this way.

The answer for your sister is the same. She will have to go through a medical assessment to determine if her disability is serious enough to qualify her to be your parents' dependent. As with family sponsorship, there is also a chance the entire application may be refused if CIC determines your sister's condition will create a burden for Canada's health care and social care systems.

Reactions: tanveervora

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
It may be easier for your parents to immigrate this way.

The answer for your sister is the same. She will have to go through a medical assessment to determine if her disability is serious enough to qualify her to be your parents' dependent. As with family sponsorship, there is also a chance the entire application may be refused if CIC determines your sister's condition will create a burden for Canada's health care and social care systems.
Thanks again. Fingers crossed. I am really tensed about my sister. Plus no one knows what will be the rules after 3-4 years. Hope for the best. I will keep in touch with this forum. You guys have been a big help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would suggest looking into medical inadmissability so you are aware of what your chances are so you aren’t making plans that won’t be possible. Is your sister able to live independently? Is she able to work? Having a child with special needs can be a big issue for parents when trying to get PR. Although there is talk of repealing Medical inadmissibility the health care system is already over capacity so not sure it will ever be reversed. Also if your sister is severely disabled you should be aware that health care for adults with complex needs is very underfunded. There is a 20-40 year wait list for many homes for children who become too much of a burden for parents to take care at them at home often because they have gotten too old to be able to do stuff like lift their child.

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
I would suggest looking into medical inadmissability so you are aware of what your chances are so you aren’t making plans that won’t be possible. Is your sister able to live independently? Is she able to work? Having a child with special needs can be a big issue for parents when trying to get PR. Although there is talk of repealing Medical inadmissibility the health care system is already over capacity so not sure it will ever be reversed. Also if your sister is severely disabled you should be aware that health care for adults with complex needs is very underfunded. There is a 20-40 year wait list for many homes for children who become too much of a burden for parents to take care at them at home often because they have gotten too old to be able to do stuff like lift their child.
My sister cannot live independently nor she can work. She can do a lot of stuff on her own but she cannot live alone. She understands everything, but a little weak. I can say she is 30 years old but her mind is of 3 years old. She has a little problem of balance. Other than this she has no problems.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would do some research on the issue. Unfortunately it seems very unlikely that your sister would be able to come to Canada. Because she is dependent on your parents for medical reasons that will also cause problems for your parents PR application.

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
I would do some research on the issue. Unfortunately it seems very unlikely that your sister would be able to come to Canada. Because she is dependent on your parents for medical reasons that will also cause problems for your parents PR application.
Hi its been a long time I checked this forum. I recently came up searching about investor visa which requires $800,000 to invest in Canada for 5 years and by doing that Canadian Government issues PR to the whole family. Coming back the point, will my sister also be consider in this ? What can be other possibilities. Thank You.